Head of Community
    Name:  LegionCommunityGameNights2.jpg
Views: 3170
Size:  49.4 KB

FAQs

Contents:
    1. What are the Game Nights?
    2. How do I sign up to play?
    3. What language is spoken during Game ?
    4. What timezone do you use for the timings?
    5. I'm a beginner... Do I need to be an experienced player to join?
    6. How do I join your Discord?
    7. Do you record or stream the games?
    8. How should I setup my headset/mic/speakers?
    9. Can I suggest other games for Game Nights?

Game Night Guidelines

1. What are Game Nights?
    These are online gaming sessions, usually during the evening in Central European time although timings can vary, where community members and staff can play together and have fun in various games! So far we've played Among Us (hosted by Team Legion, our community managers) and League of Legends (hosted by G2 Esports staff), and more games will be added as the community develops and grows. 😊

2. How do I sign up to play?
    To join game nights, wait for the info topic to be posted for the specific game night (if the game night is global, the topic should be in the Gaming and events board in the Hub) and then simply reply to that topic to let us know you're coming! We will drop you a PM to confirm and to get a few bits of info such as your game ID, Discord ID, and will drop you an invite to our Discord server if you're not on there yet. When the game night time approaches, we'll all meet on Discord and get playing!

3. What language are they in?
    English is the common language we use in global game nights where anyone can join regardless of their country so we can all understand each other. These are the ones posted in the Community Hub. If you struggle with English though, don't worry! You can still join and we can help out if we have someone speaking your language also attending the game session. Once we start organising "local" game nights, e.g. with groups of Spanish, Italian or Arabic members, those sessions can then of course be held in the equivalent language! 😊

4. What timezone do you use for the timings?
    This is usually Central European Time (CET) or Central European Summer Time (CEST). You can get your local time easily by typing into Google search "6pm CEST in BST (or whatever your timezone is)" 👍

5. I'm a beginner... Do I need to be an experienced player to join?
    Anyone, including beginner players, are more than welcome! As mentioned in our guidelines, everyone's experience level be it beginner or pro will be respected. We often have both beginners as well as more experienced gamers playing together. 😊 Having said that, if you're specifically looking for a beginners' group, feel free to join one of our beginners' practise sessions where we play a little bit slower, go through the basics, and learn together at the same time to grow our confidence in the game.

6. How do I join your Discord?
    On the day of the game, the main organising of the game happens on Discord where we can also voice chat together while playing! If you're not yet on our Discord (Legion's Rest), let us know either when signing up for a game night, or whenever via PM to anyone in the community team and we'll send you an invite! 👍

7. Do you record or stream the games?
    We and/or partners, or even fellow community members, occasionally do record and stream during game nights. By joining community game nights, you agree that gaming sessions might be recorded in various formats such as screenshots, video recording and streaming, and might be posted publicly to celebrate highlights and awesome moments that we can look back to. This can include gameplay, in-game chat and voice.

8. How should I setup my headset/mic/speakers?
    Even though it's understandable that technical issues happen sometimes, it's good practise to prepare in advance so everyone can have a smooth experience in the game nights. If you struggle with this, do let the community know and we can share helpful tips together! When joining, if possible, check that your mic is not picking up game or chat sounds from your room, and instead if you have a headset, all the sounds should come from there. This will prevent echos and background noise during the game and all everyone else will hear through your mic is your voice. 😊

9. Can I suggest other games for Game Nights?
    Of course! The more people who do that the better view we have for what games the community is interested in playing together. This will help us plan for future game nights! Let us know here! 👍

Game Night Guidelines
    Please read the guidelines before joining game nights as it's super important to us that the games are a positive activity that everyone enjoys. If you joined and did not have a good time for whatever reason, we're very sorry to hear that! Please don't hesitate to contact us to tell us all about it and we can then take a closer look.

Good vibes only
    Community game nights are friendly and positive events where we have fun, cheer each other on and learn together. Good vibes only! 🤗 Just like with our forum guidelines, any kind of harassment, bullying or disrespect will not be tolerated. Please respect everyone's gaming skills and experience be they absolute beginners or pros or anything in the middle.

There are enough negative vibes in the gaming world especially when playing online, and we want to stand out from all that to enjoy inclusive and diverse gaming sessions and have positive experiences when playing together. 💙

...also on Discord
    The guidelines also cover Discord. For example, on occasions when we're on voice chat and someone's gear (headset, mic) might have technical difficulties and they need a few moments to fix it, please be supportive and understanding. Or sometimes it might take someone a bit longer than others to join the game lobby. Things like this just sometimes happen so let's be patient. 😊

About age restrictions
    Some games we play together are PEGI 18, which means that only players who are 18 or over can join game nights featuring these specific games, such as Call of Duty Warzone and Rainbow 6 Siege. By joining game nights that feature PEGI 18 games, you confirm that you are 18 years or older. We do understand that it kind of sucks if you can't join some game nights when something sounds cool, however this is a legal requirement.

We host plenty of game nights in other games with a lower age restriction, such as Fortnite, League of Legends, Among Us, World of Warcraft - and you can always suggest a new game for us to play together if you have any ideas! 😊

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to anyone in the Community Team via PM or reply to this topic! 😊

To find the latest game nights, check out the weekly Schedule.
    Last edited by DoctorEldritch; 15-10-21 at 09:50.
  • 8 Replies

Level 1
    Es necesario tener un pc Lenovo para poder estar en la comunidad? O te da algún beneficio si registras tu pc? Gracias de antemano.
    Level 15
    почему нельзя сделать что бы время отображалось ревалентно для конкретного пользователя? не на всех страница почему то работает автоматический перевод. не понимаю как участвовать в завтрашней игре майнкрафта и во сколько она будет по мск, вроде было написано в 19.00 теперь в 17.00 а по мск это сколько я уже запутался :(
    Всем добра!
    Community Manager
    почему нельзя сделать что бы время отображалось ревалентно для конкретного пользователя? не на всех страница почему то работает автоматический перевод. не понимаю как участвовать в завтрашней игре майнкрафта и во сколько она будет по мск, вроде было написано в 19.00 теперь в 17.00 а по мск это сколько я уже запутался :(

Подожди, я что-то тоже запутался. 17:00 - это GMТ, то есть, по Гринвичу. По Московскому, то есть МСК, это 20:00, как в русском посте. А где ты увидел 19:00?
    Level 15
    @DoctorEldritch да вроде бы в расписании игровых ночей было я сразу даже не понял что это не мск даже будильник завел...
    Всем добра!
    Level 8
    @MoriMoonpaw I'm new to the legion community and just wanted to find out if there is any South African game nights and if there is any legion discord servers that I should be in to stay linked to the community
    Level 8
    انا لا اعرف

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know