Gaming news: what's happening this week 🎮 Netflix and gaming?

• No Tags
View Tag Cloud
    Community Manager
    Ladies and gents, welcome to our gaming newsletter! After the E3, things cooled down for a bit in the gaming world, allowing most of us to take a breather and maybe save some money. However, this week has brought quite a few interesting stories and a couple of exciting announcements, so, without further ado, the news:

Name:  getready.jpeg
Views: 978
Size:  8.7 KB​​​​​​​

Valve Announces the Steam Deck, a £349 Handheld Gaming PC.
    Last year, when we heard the rumors that Valve, the American video game developer responsible for Steam and titles like Half-Life, Portal, Counterstrike and Dota, were going to release their very own handheld device, we didn't know what to believe. Maybe they guys at Valve were getting impatient and couldn't wait for the new Nintendo Switch release? Maybe they wanted to make their own mini-PC to carry with them anywhere? No matter the reason, the rumors were true and the Steam Deck is here!

What is it? The Steam Deck is a handheld, lightweight and portable PC. Take a look at the promotional video:

Specs:

Processor: AMD APU
    CPU: Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
    GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)

Display
    7" Optically bonded LCD with a resolution of 1280 x 800px (16:10 aspect ratio)

Size and Weight
    Size:298mm x 117mm x 49mm
    Weight: Approx. 669 grams

You can reserve it now and they'll start shipping in December 2021.

What do you guys think of the Steam Deck? Is it going to be a success or is it going to flop?

Nintendo presents the Nintendo Switch (OLED Model)

It's all about handhelds this week and Nintendo has released their Switch, now with a new and shiny OLED screen.

So, is it the Nintendo Switch Pro?
    Nope, it's not, but a revision of the current hardware. This year will see improvements to its storage and, most notably, its display. ​​​​​​​Nintendo has added a pair of stereo speakers with enhanced audio so you don't have to be glued to the screen when playing in handheld mode. You can have this new Nintendo Switch, with OLED screen, LAN port, plus speakers, plus 64GB of storage and a giant rear kickstand for $350 USD.

It will be released in most countries on October 8th, 2021.

An epic battle of handheld devices is here. Who will be crown the winner? Only time will tell!

Chris Judge, who voices Kratos in God of War, will voice Black Panther!

​​​​​​​Nobody can't take the place of the original King T'Challa, Chadwick Boseman. When his life was cut short way too soon, many mourned and subsequently wondered what was going to happen to the character he had embodied so well. Who could be brave -and epic- enough to try and fill Bosema's shoes? So, when we heard that Christopher Judge, (the voice actor behind everyone's favourite gaming paternal figure, Kratos), was going to be Boseman's sucesor in Marvel’s Avengers upcoming Black Panther DLC, we sighed with relief: Chris is a true veteran, famous for voicing a number of video game characters and a worthy sucesor to Boseman.

Name:  kratoskingtchalla.jpeg
Views: 1076
Size:  78.0 KB
    Image: Square Enix / Sony / Kotaku​​​​​​​

Netflix Games might be a reality next year!

Name:  netflixgames.jpeg
Views: 1102
Size:  28.7 KB

Netflix might add games to its ever-growing catalogue and services as early as next year. This is no doubt a product of the success some streaming services are enjoying in the gaming world, and the entertainment titan doesn't want to miss on the fun! Nothing is confirmed yet, but neither was the Steam Deck, and here we are.

The rumors sparked after Netflix hired the former Electronic Arts Inc. and Facebook Inc. executive, Mike Verdu, as their first vice president of game developing. While working at Facebook, Verdu was in charge of working with developers to create games and content for Oculus.

The TADUUM of Netflix, followed by our favourite games... What do you guys think of that?

So, does the world need another handheld device or are they a thing from the past? Let us know in the comments!!! 👇
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado? > Hazlo aquí 😎
    → ¿Eres nuevo en la Comunidad? 🤓
    ¡Preséntate a otros miembros de la comunidad! 👋
    → Si tienes alguna pregunta, mándame un mensaje privado aq🤔
    → Post destacado del momento: Amazon Music Unlimited gratis para los miembros de la comunidad! 🎵​​​​​​​
  • 8 Replies

Head of Community
    OMG!!! Christopher Judge!! 🧐😮😍
    I did NOT know that he's been voicing Kratos!! That's soooooo cool. I remember him fondly from being Teal'c in Stargate SG1! I'm tempted to play this game only to hear him speak in a cool Wakandan accent 😁​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omg.gif 
Views:	1124 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	1865
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​☕ Hi I'm Marion and I'm part of the Legion Community Team!
    Community Manager
    @Marion me neither! I think he'll do great 🤩
    Level 9
    We're talking to netflix to fund our new game potentially. fingers crossed!
    Community Manager
    @Raine wohoo!!! crossing all my fingers and toes!! 😱what's the name of the game? which genre? Please do share it with us as soon as it's ready!!
    Level 9
    Towerdefence deckbuilder called Growbeard.

You can check out my other game here:

Download #iOS: http://bit.ly/Starbeard
    ​​​​​​​Download #Android: http://bit.ly/StarbeardGP
    Community Manager
    @Raine it looks awesome! I just bought it, can't wait to play it 🤩
    Level 2
    How can nintendo not release a new switch pro? Improving the hardware components its power would be much better. I would love a breath of the wild 2 in Full HD.
    Community Manager
    @Jacky23 no idea why, but Nintendo is famous for saying they won't release something and then releasing at the end. Let's hope there's more than the OLED in the horizon