I’m a casual gamer and sometimes I come across some gaming words that I’m not familiar with. 😊 This is why I decided to make a list of the most used gaming words and what they mean😉
So if you’re a newbie, I hope you find this helpful! And if you’re a pro, help us improve this list 😎
Gaming Vocab List (in alphabetical order)
- AFK: Away from Keyboard
- ARAM: All random, all mid (LoL/DOTA2)
- Buff: increase a character either to make them a viable option for players or as a player may do in-game to improve their character.
- F:When something sad/unfortunate befalls someone, simply type "F", This is from a Call of Duty game when during a cutscene of a funeral the in-game prompts was "Press F to pay respects" which is quite hilarious so has stuck in the community.
- FPS: An FPS is a first-person shooter game. This refers to a genre where you see the world through your character’s eyes. Shooters usually show you a weapon in your floating hands, as if you’re the character.
- GG: Good Game
- GLHF: Good luck, have fun!
- GOAT: Greatest of all time
- Meta: most effective tactics available
- MMORPG: massively multiplayer online role-playing game. It refers to a game with RPG elements where thousands of players all exist in the same game world simultaneously. World of Warcraft is a great example.
- Nerf: lower a characters stats/skills as they may be considered overpowered
- Noob: refers to someone who is clearly new at a game. It can be used as an insult (such as when someone makes basic mistakes) but it’s not necessarily negative.
- POG: Play of the game
- Smurf: refers to a skilled player making a secondary account to play against lower-ranked players. Smurfs manipulate the ranking system in order to keep their account at the desired skill level.
What are the gaming words you use? Comment below and I’ll add it to this list!
Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 02-08-21 at 13:37.