Gaming Lingo - Do you use any?

Replies
    views
    Level 52
    Hi everyone!

I’m a casual gamer and sometimes I come across some gaming words that I’m not familiar with. 😊 This is why I decided to make a list of the most used gaming words and what they mean😉

So if you’re a newbie, I hope you find this helpful! And if you’re a pro, help us improve this list 😎

Gaming Vocab List (in alphabetical order)
    • AFK: Away from Keyboard
    • ARAM: All random, all mid (LoL/DOTA2)
    • Buff: increase a character either to make them a viable option for players or as a player may do in-game to improve their character.
    • F:When something sad/unfortunate befalls someone, simply type "F", This is from a Call of Duty game when during a cutscene of a funeral the in-game prompts was "Press F to pay respects" which is quite hilarious so has stuck in the community.
    • FPS: An FPS is a first-person shooter game. This refers to a genre where you see the world through your character’s eyes. Shooters usually show you a weapon in your floating hands, as if you’re the character.
    • GG: Good Game
    • GLHF: Good luck, have fun!
    • GOAT: Greatest of all time
    • Meta: most effective tactics available
    • MMORPG: massively multiplayer online role-playing game. It refers to a game with RPG elements where thousands of players all exist in the same game world simultaneously. World of Warcraft is a great example.
    • Nerf: lower a characters stats/skills as they may be considered overpowered
    • Noob: refers to someone who is clearly new at a game. It can be used as an insult (such as when someone makes basic mistakes) but it’s not necessarily negative.
    • POG: Play of the game
    • Smurf: refers to a skilled player making a secondary account to play against lower-ranked players. Smurfs manipulate the ranking system in order to keep their account at the desired skill level.

<hr>
    I know there are many more so let’s make this list bigger together 🤩
    What are the gaming words you use? Comment below and I’ll add it to this list!
    Last edited by MoriMoonpaw; 02-08-21 at 13:37.
    My farewell mesage 🌟: in English - in Arabic
    Your new MEA Community Manager is @UnapologeticDino!
  • 11 Replies

Head of Community
    Pog! 😄 ("play of the game")
    When the player does a move in the game that's so awesome that it pretty much makes the game
    Level 12
    GG (good game)
    I use this in real life sometimes, and it can either be used to say congrats to someone who did something good, or even as a joke if something bad happens to someone, so it's very multifunctional lol
    Level 52
    @Marion thanks for sharing that Marjo! I'll add it to the list 😎
    Level 52
    @tmonther

I use that too 😁 but didn't know it could be used sarcastically too though haha I'll add it to the list too - thanks for sharing!
    Level 21
    Love this - here's a few while I brew some coffee for you @Tamara

GLHF - Good luck, have fun!

F - When something sad/unfortunate befalls someone, simply type "F", This is from a Call of Duty game when during a cutscene of a funeral the in-game prompts was "Press F to pay respects" which is quite hilarious so has stuck in the community.

ARAM - All random, all mid (LoL/DOTA2)

Nerf - lower a characters stats/skills as they may be considered overpowered

Buff - increase a character either to make them a viable option for players or as a player may do in-game to improve their character.

GOAT - Greatest of all time

Meta - most effective tactics available

- - - Updated - - -

GG (good game)
    I use this in real life sometimes, and it can either be used to say congrats to someone who did something good, or even as a joke if something bad happens to someone, so it's very multifunctional lol

HAHA I usually say it when I'm 0/12/4 or something XD
    Head of Community
    Can I have some ☕ too @Raine?

Ohh yes, "let's play some arams" 😄

Great list! 👍
    Level 21
    I've brewed enough for two @Marion!
    Level 12
    @Raine lol I can only imagine what someone who's not into games or doesn't know the references react to people calling others GOATS, must be hilarious.
    Head of Community
    @tmonther hahahahah 🐐🐐🐐🐐
    @Raine Thanks for the coffee, living on it today ☕ I've edited the main list above to add yours in! 😎