✨ New video games coming out in August 2021! ✨

Replies
    views
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! 🙌

How are you? Is it summer right now where you live?

I've always loved August. I have many fond childhood memories of long days spent playing outside with my friends, eating all the ice pops I could get my hands on. Oh, how times have changed! As an adult, August now translates into days spent inside, playing with friends and eating all the ice pops I can get my hands on. 🤣

Name:  YEPD.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  24.1 KB
    Nothing beats gaming with friends

But some things do change, and while summer is usually a slow season in the gaming world, this August comes full of exciting new games. Let's take a look at some of them:

Humankind

Release date: August 17th.
    Platform: PC
    Genre: Strategy

Humankind, the strategy game developed by Amplitude Studios and published by Sega, might be the one to take the crown of "Best Strategy Game" from Civilization.

Why? Because Humankind might bring to the table some stuff Civilization doesn't offer to its players. For example: you can switch civilizations once you change eras in the game. So, if you happened to choose the Greeks at the very start but grew tired of playing as them, worry not, you can choose the Mongols in the next era. Pretty cool, uh?

Name:  Humankindvideogame (1).jpg
Views: 866
Size:  95.9 KB
    Is that the Eiffel tower next to the Sydney Opera house?

This small but important difference and many more like this make Humankind a serious contender to the current leader... The king has died, long live the king!

Take a look the awesome trailer:

12 Minutes

Release date: August 19, 2021
    Platform: PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One

Genre: Mistery/Adventure

Do you guys remember the movie Edge of Tomorrow? Well, just in case you haven't, I won't spoil anything or mention something that's not on the trailer, but it stars Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, fighting some very bad aliens, while trapped in a time loop.

Well, 12 minutes is the Edge of Tomorrow but in video game format: your character is a normal guy, living his best life with his wife, until one day some baddie comes into your house and kills her. Lucky for you, the day restarts and she's alive and well, but how can you make sure she won't die again?

This indie title developed by Luis Antonio, caught the eye of Hollywood and William Dafoe, James McAvoy and Daisy Ridley, voice the main three characters.

Here's the trailer:

Alien: Fireteam Elite

Release date: August 24, 2021
    Platform: Pc,
    PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Genre: Shooter, multiplayer.

Ridley Scott's 1970 film Alien is still giving nightmares to a lot of us. Many years have passed since this epic film came out, but murderous and dangerous aliens never get out of style, something Cold Iron Studios knows all too well, since they are bringing us Alien: Fireteam Elite.

Name:  alienfireteamelitereview (1) (1).jpg
Views: 617
Size:  97.9 KB
    The flamethrower looks fuuuun

The three-player. third person shooter takes place 23 years after the events of the first movie, so don't expect famous cameos or the old ship. This time around, you will be playing as a young Marine, eager to prove his worth as either a gunner, demolisher, recon, technician, or doc.

It's hard to tell if this game will honour its source material, but it looks very, very promising:

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
    Release date: August 20, 2021
    Platform:
    PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4,
    Genre: Action-Adventure

Ghost of Tsushima was released back in 2020, and some people claimed it was one of the best games of the decade: a compelling story, gorgeous graphs (the phrase "most beautiful game ever made" was uttered by lots of game critics back in the day), and enjoyable, robust and engaging combat sequences made it into a strong contestant for the title.

The game was so good, that it left people asking for more and Sucker Punch delivered: this Directors Cut comes with a whole new island to explore, a new Jin armor, new enemies and trophies, and even new mini-games.

Take a look at the beautiful trailer:

Which of these games are you most excited about? Let me us know in the comments👇

→ Gana un ordenador Legion, participa aquí
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado?>Hazlo aquí 🤗
  • 4 Replies

Level 28
    @Paty I really want to play Humandking, I never liked Civilization but I was a big fam of Age of the Empires. By the way, I finally played the Microsof Flying Simulator and it's awesome!!! the controls not so much 😑
    Level 2
    Does mcAvoy really do the voices of 12 minutes? I'm going to play it 100%
    Esports fan. Traveling the world while entertaining myself with twitch.
    Community Manager
    @Jacky23 yes, he does!! 😱and Dafoe is playing the villain!
    Community Manager
    @CB84 same here, never got around to play Civilization, but the Humankind trailer really sold it to me!