Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,004
    Given: 2,125

Did Fornite: Impostors copy Among Us?
    19-08-21

Fortnite: Impostors is a new game mode that rolled out on August 17th 2021, one that might sound a bit familiar to anyone who’s played Among Us (one of the other incredibly popular online games right now).

Name:  fortnite-imposters.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  57.4 KB

Fortnite Impostors sees 10 players, eight agents and two impostors play out their roles on a submarine. Like in Among Us, the agents carry out routine assignments, while the impostors sabotage the facility and eliminate players. Impostors can also teleport players to cover their tracks and disable assignments.

In other words: it’s a Fortnite version of Among Us, with the serial numbers lightly filed off. There are a few differences, of course: everything has been decked out in a Fortnite-themed veneer, with tasks like fixing the Battle Bus or preparing llama supply drops. Impostors don’t kill players, but teleport them away into a rift.

Watch a glimpse of the game here:
    ​​​​​​​

As news of the new mode spread online, some of the people behind Among Us expressed their disappointment on social media. Innersloth's lead Unity programmer, Adriel Wallick, expressed her disappointment via Twitter:

Here's the full image:
    ​​​​​​​
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imposterfornite.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	2250​​​​​​​

Gary Porter, a developer for Among Us, also pointed out the similarities between the map that Fortnite uses and Among Us. “It’s okay though they flipped electrical and medbay and connected security to the cafeteria,” joked Porter on Twitter. “I wasn’t even around for the development of Skeld [the first Among Us map] and I’m still kind of offended.” He also tweeted:

What do you guys think of this? Let me know in the comment section👇

Source: eurogamer.net theverge.com
    ​​​​​​​→ New to Legion Community? Find out all you need to know to get started!
    → If you have any questions, feel free to reach out via private message:)
    → Arabic speaker? Check out our Arabic Community!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 934
    Given: 1,437

19-08-21

Oh wow! I'm so curious... I need to try it out!
    🧙‍♂️​​​​​​​Ciao! Sono Walter e faccio parte del Team della Legion Community!

Thumbs Up

19-08-21

Calling all Among Us players! Would love to hear what you have to say about this 👀
    @Paty @Raine @cyrusnimda @galadrielmt @Neptune @CB84 @Liue @Hyglott @Elixor @Omega
    Thumbs Up

19-08-21

@Walter I have a feeling we would be betraying Among Us 🤣
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 17

19-08-21

Thanks for the tag @Tamara - saw the news earlier this week. Disgusting but unsurprising move with this franchise. Started out as a tower defence game, saw PUBG was doing so well so completely ripped them off. Now we can't move for battle royale games. Oh look, among us is doing amazingly well and no one gives a toss about fortnite anymore? Let's rip them off next.

Epic continue to disappoint me - UE5 may look amazing but it's getting delayed all the time. This is why I stick with Unity.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,230
    Given: 2,036

20-08-21

@Tamara quite controversial indeed. I might try Impostors, just out of curiosity, but Among Us will always be my favourite. I have good memories playing with my sisters during the worst of the lockdown, and it really helped us to stay in touch.
    → ¿Aún no te has registrado? > Hazlo aquí 😎
    → ¿Eres nuevo en la Comunidad? 🤓
    ¡Preséntate a otros miembros de la comunidad! 👋
    → Si tienes alguna pregunta, mándame un mensaje privado aq🤔
    → Post destacado del momento: Amazon Music Unlimited gratis para los miembros de la comunidad! 🎵​​​​​​​
    Thumbs Up

24-08-21

@Raine I agree, definitely not the first time they do this! Among Us developers were so disappointed😥
    Thumbs Up

24-08-21

@Paty it's definitely worth trying but I'm pretty sure there will be nothing like Among Us - the original😅
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 455

08-09-21

@Tamara wow it looks really similar! I would like to try it but idk as you said it feels like betraying Among Us🤔
    Thumbs Up

08-09-21

@galadrielmt we'll be playing it tomorrow! (Thursday)

Would you be free to join us? 😍