Last updated [Insert Date of Publication on Web Site]
2. Community Guidelines
As a participant in our community features you agree that you will uphold and comply with these community guidelines, and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload.
Our communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While employees and representatives from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, our communities are not designed as a support channel. Our communities are an informal and public forum, and Lenovo does not guarantee the accuracy of information and advice posted in any community.
While participating in a community, you should not post any confidential or proprietary information. If you post any information, you represent that you are authorized to post such information and acknowledge that Lenovo is under no obligation to maintain such information as confidential. In addition, Lenovo shall be free to use such information for any purpose whatsoever, including any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques which may be disclosed therein, without any obligation to compensate you or acknowledge your submission.
Lenovo reserves the right, in its sole discretion and option, to remove inappropriate language and postings, such as those examples listed below, from our communities. In such instances, the user will be warned and may be banned from future participation, particularly in the event of repeat occurrences.
You agree to observe the following guidelines:
- No posts, IDs or email addresses shall contain profanity (implied or otherwise), or hate language targeting race / ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality, or political beliefs. Post should avoid these topics.
- Nudity or pornography in any form, including, in the form of written words, expressions, posted images, or links to external material will not be tolerated.
- No personal threats or attacks will be tolerated against users, Lenovo employees, company affiliates, or any other individuals.
- It is fair to state disagreement with facts or conclusions that another user has posted, but dissent must be expressed in an objective and reasoned manner. Treat others with the respect you wish to receive. Remember that the community is here to share collective experiences and wisdom, with the goal of all users enjoying greater success with their Lenovo products and services. Consider whether your comments serve to advance the discussion in a positive direction.
- No trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion. Inflammatory post or thread titles are unacceptable and may be moderated. Inflammatory or unnecessarily argumentative postings will be considered trolling. Extended debate with moderators or admins over their decisions with regard to moderation of posts is considered trolling.
- Do not subvert threads.
- No vendetta posts or online campaigning.
- It is acceptable to state concern for how a particular Lenovo policy, performance, or procedure does or does not meet the expectation of a particular member, but it is not acceptable to use our communities in an attempt to broadly organize or incite members to cancel orders, return systems, undertake legal action or otherwise disrupt the normal business processes of Lenovo.
- No posting of private or confidential information.
- No commercial solicitation, advertising, or promotional activities for your company or business, other than advertisements placed by Lenovo and any Lenovo-authorized third parties. These communities are for discussion purposes; not for promotion of your company or to solicit business. Posts or signatures with intent to promote or advertise are prohibited.
- Our communities are not intended to serve as an online shopping or trading forum. Members may not post inventories of items, or list items for sale on a routine basis.
- No solicitation for, nor exchange of information, that will aid or enable unethical, illegal, immoral or unsafe activities. For example, no posts concerning exchange of passwords, credit or banking information, or warranty entitlement information for purpose of re-entitling out of warranty products. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to subvert safety measures. Nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to, content related to these topics.
- Do not register under multiple IDs, or utilize multiple email addresses within the Lenovo communities. Posting under multiple IDs is considered a deceptive practice intended to create false impressions and is prohibited.
- Do not embed large photos (above 100K) or cut and paste large areas; instead, host photos externally and link to them as needed within your posts.
- Do not subvert or corrupt the software of any community or Web Site, or attempt to do so.
- Any use of personal blogs/ websites/ pages/ affiliated websites/ resources are not permitted, except in Lenovo’s sole discretion. Links may be removed at Lenovo's sole discretion and option.
3. Additional Terms