GOG Freebie - Shadows Awakening

This is a time limited offer for a DRM free copy of an isometric view RPG game from 2018 as part of their Summer Sale giveaways. It's the 1st of those, so keep your eyes peeled for the next one

At the time of this post this there is about 2d 16h 45m left to claim, so be quick or you will miss out:

Shadows: Awakening is a unique, isometric single-player RPG with real-time tactical combat. You take control of a demon summoned from the Shadow Realm – the Devourer – to consume the souls of long-dead heroes and embark on an epic adventure with challenging gameplay, a gripping storyline and enchanting graphics. Do you have the focus and wits to master the world of the Heretic Kingdoms? Gather your party, control powerful heroes and use their skills to your advantage. But who is in charge… the demon, or the souls that it has devoured? It's up to you to either thwart a major threat and save the world, or to plunge it into complete disaster…

www.gog.com/.../shadows_awakening

• Thanks for the notification! It seems like a Diablo game, but seems Im going to miss the coop option on these one.   

• Nice game, happy to see that GOG is still going giveaways.

Thanks for sharing the freebie, the games looks niceGrin

• Thanks for sharing this giveaway. This game looks interesting, maybe I should play it after I finish V Rising. 

• Their giveaways are less frequent these days for certain, hopefully though it's quality over quantity in their case. Also there's some hefty discounts on some of the games in their sale, so if something really jumps out now is the time to get it.

Their last giveaway was the Warhammer game which I claimed but never got added properly to GOG Galaxy, it just says Unknown game. So at some point I should reach out to CD Projekt but to be honest I also got the same game for free on Steam so am not overly concerned by this.

• Thanks for the heads up on this - it seems like a fun and good-looking game, even if these isometric Diablo-style RPGs are a dime a dozen.

In slightly related news, I tried to go through the Torchlight series recently, and though I think 2 was a lot more polished, both 1 and 2 can get incredibly boring, so much so that I haven't touched 3. I hope this game is not so similarly repetitive.

• oh great. will claim that right away.

also thanks for the heads up on the possible summer giveaways

• Thanks for sharing. Isometric RPGs isn't a genre I've really tried much other than Diablo, so this might be a good excuse to give it a whirl. Cheers