FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS

There's a free to play Final Fantasy title been released yesterday on Steam, it's solo or co-op so you have the option to play with friends or explore solo at your own leisure. Beware it is one of those games that contains real-world financial transactions for in-game items and doesn't officially support controller play. The system requirements are quite low, so it should run great on any modern system including handhelds.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2484110/FINAL_FANTASY_VII_EVER_CRISIS/

"Relive the most memorable moments from FFVII and experience the journey of a young hero Sephiroth in FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS."

Parents
  • I've had fun with this type of game in the past (the shin megami tensei mobile game and a few others) but it's not something I'd play anymore considering almost always they rely on predatory tactics to suck as much money as possible and devs are trigger happy to shut down the servers at first sight of declining revenue and start another game to do it all over again. I won't tell anyone not to play it but just be careful.

• Indeed, there is a substantial amount you can do for free in it, the shop does have a Gil section too with limited content of course. You also get rewarded for playing daily and there are draws to win random items (some have free ticket entry you get from completing certain challenges). But that pay to win mechanism is ever lurking and will no doubt come into play on higher level fights in the game

• Indeed, there is a substantial amount you can do for free in it, the shop does have a Gil section too with limited content of course. You also get rewarded for playing daily and there are draws to win random items (some have free ticket entry you get from completing certain challenges). But that pay to win mechanism is ever lurking and will no doubt come into play on higher level fights in the game

Children
  • Some of these games are more generous with the free content than others but generally it is the same pattern everywhere, at the end of the day the goal is to leave you wanting more and charging money for points/gems/tickets/energy/etc. Mostly I wish there was a flat cost to these things that you'd pay once and get access to a normal game because some of them can be genuinely fun.