Dakar Desert Rally Free on Epic Games until 22ND February 2024 at 4pm.

store.epicgames.com/.../dakar-desert-rally

Dakar Desert Rally. FREE on Epic Games until 22ND February 2024 at 4:00 PM.

• 'Dakar Desert Rally is the biggest off-road rally racing adventure ever developed. Experience the speed and excitement of the largest rally race on the planet, featuring a wide variety of licensed vehicles from motorcycles, cars, trucks, quads and SSVs.'

• I'm not really a fan of racing games but this looks somewhat interesting. I might give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

• I'm definitely picking this up, thank you

• Yess, it seems a really good option.

The players had said that is the best Dakar game actually, that have really good graphics (both textures and shadows, maybe some terrain textures could be better), very good dynamic weather (daily/night schedule, also sand and snow storms), gameplay is between arcade and simulation, traction control, very good cosmetic damage, wide variety of cameras (include one between driver and copilot), have possibility to unlock events that can let win a classic vehicle, a free mode that let find treasures that give extra prizes, great variety of vehicles (with many brands), multiplayer that let add bots (that suffer damage or have accidents), very good sounds... 

On the other hand some people are not happy with the physics of suspension and dumping, some low level damage situations, Abs brakes cant be activated/deactivate, cannot create championships, on multiplayer all the vehicles are enabled, no workshop/mods available, IA difficulty cannot be changed, cant rescue other cars...

I'm going to play for sure, and more if I had a good wheel to play it on the future.

• There's a free add-on for the game too: https://store.epicgames.com/p/dakar-desert-rally--snowrunner-cars-pack

So don't forget to grab that as well

• Graphics aren't really convincing, but it looks like an interesting Arcade game, so might be fun to play it.

• Good find! Thanks!
    And thanks the OP for sharing this. Seems like a fun game to play.

• Thanks for sharing the offer H.T, there's also a free bundle pack called Snow runner car pack on the Epic Store If anyone is interested in play the gameGrin.

store.epicgames.com/.../dakar-desert-rally--snowrunner-cars-pack

• Thanks for sharing. Really games are not normally the ones I go out and buy, but now that it is free I will give it a try and test out the different driving options. 

I just hope it is not as challenging as the real world.  

• Thanks. I'm a fan of racing games, although the reviews for this one are mixed. But since it is free, I can just give it a try.