What are your favorite horror games?

Hi all,

So what are your favorite horror games?

My personal favorites are the Amnesia series plus Soma and lately I started getting into indie horror games, like Chilla's Art games, Fears to Fathom series, Backrooms series, Hollow Cocoon and many more.

• My all-time favorite is F.E.A.R. The atmosphere was simply fantastic.
    Lately, I've been really enjoying Phasmophobia. it's a great concept and fun to play with friends.

• The Evil Within games.

• I handle horror like an absolute baby, but I have to agree with  that the F.E.A.R. series is really good!

Some other shoutouts include Chernobylite, the scary parts of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Dead Space, and my personal favorite - although I'm not sure it counts as horror - Prey.

• Backrooms games are really entertaining and mysterious, Escape the Backrooms was one of my favorite from this "franchise".

The evil within 1 has also an special place in my heartGrin.

I haven't tried Soma but I'll since I hear a lot about it, I also can recommend Outlast (is one of the most immersive horror games I tried).

• I vote for F.E.A.R. too

• resident evil can be considered in this category?

• Resident Evil 7, Soma.

• Not sure if Doom and the various remakes can be called "horror" games, but they've always been some of my most replayable horror /gore type of games.

• I was talking to a gaming mate the other day about this exact subject, I think the Silent Hill games creeped me out the most, fantastic. Although the original Resident Evil on PS1 when I played that back in the day was really good, the first time you heard that zombie sound and it turned around and came at you, amazing.