Digital ownership of games

Dont know if you are aware of the recent ceo talks about how Digital ownership of games doesnt actually mean they belong to you but you have a licence to use them for whatever time the game's company want. I am kinda a lot irritated about that fact and how its legal and nobody do anything to change it. I mean if you buy a physical copy of some game you can have it forever and they cant do nothing about it but if you pay the same price for a digital one you cant? How is that logical and legal? As someone who only plays on pc i have around 400 games mostly free, but nothing belongs to me even the ones i paid them....

Parents
  • Since you buy those games instead of renting them, these companies might face a bad day in court when they decide to remove a game. The terms and conditions might say that the customer doesn't own a game, but a court might decide that an average customer is under the impression that he bought that game because the company didn't communicate it properly. And then it's game over............ or game on, depending how you look at it.

• You only have to look at examples of Games being being removed due to the eshops closure last year with Nintendo affecting 3DS and WiiU games. Companies are getting away with it arguing they don't have to support the availability in perpetuity.  

• Offline in reply to AR

ITs a shame, that's the online server dependence... and Its a petty if someone wants to replay some game that had payed for it...

On another hand, this fact keeps the door open to do regularly "remakes" and earn another time 30 bugs for the same game that it was but with better visuals. If there is a game that nobody misses, then they may not do it, but if some game has media repercussion, then they may do that...

• Offline in reply to AR

ITs a shame, that's the online server dependence... and Its a petty if someone wants to replay some game that had payed for it...

On another hand, this fact keeps the door open to do regularly "remakes" and earn another time 30 bugs for the same game that it was but with better visuals. If there is a game that nobody misses, then they may not do it, but if some game has media repercussion, then they may do that...

Children
No Data