Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, a good value?

With all the games being easily available these days, as we don't have to buy them physically anymore, I would have wanted to know the community's opinion on how good the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is!

In my opinion, the library they give you for such a price is quite interesting, but the biggest perk that not much people seem to be taking advantage of is the Cloud Gaming. Are people actually using it? (I am not using it myself either)

• Very good value, specially if you use microsoft rewards points to pay, you basically get to play games for free.

• It's great value and their cloud gaming is really taking off! And as someone already mentioned, reward points are a great bonus to be able to use too.

• It's fantastic value, there's no doubt about it.

Considering for the price of 1 AAA game you can get 6+ months of game pass if you catch a deal, it's brilliant. 75% of the games on there are excellent, and it offers console, PC and cloud play.

Since Stadia has died, it's definitely the biggest cloud streaming platform out there for games.

• Definitely good value. I don't use it anymore since Im only sticking to playing 1 or 2 games. But if you have a lot of time on your hands and want to try out multiple games it's great

• Depends on what games and how often you want to play them I guess. If you would otherwise buy two or three newish games a year, it might already be worth it. Though some people pick up their games only in, for example, Steam sales or bundles and don't have a lot of time to game. Then it's probably not worth it. A lot of gamers rack up hundreds of hours in a single game, while the strength of GamePass is the wide array of games. Personally, I think it's great, I get to experience a lot more different games than I otherwise would be able to.

XCloud works great, stable, fast, but I don't use it that often. I mostly use it to 'demo' a game without having to download and install a lot of GBs ^_^

• Game Pass is very good! Amazing selection of games to play and their day 1 releases are great as well as a decent back-catalogue. I use microsoft points to basically get 3 months Ultimate sub free every 3-4 months. The main draw compared to the other plans is the cloud gaming on any device which was brilliant when I only had a dodgy old laptop to game on. But now I have a better computer I don't really need to use the game streaming any more so I'm thinking of downgrading to the PC Game Pass plan which is basically the same thing but without Cloud Gaming and Xbox support (and I don't own an xbox anyway). The price difference is only £3/month between PC Game Pass and Ultimate but for that extra £3 you get PC Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Gold and Cloud Gaming.  The cloud gaming for me was good, not great, but good. I did sometimes have heavy input lag issues which made some games that required rapid inputs (such a fighting games or racing games) pretty much unplayable even though I have a excellent internet connection. But other people say they have no such issues so it seems to vary depending on where your nearest Microsoft server is located and what your network is like (I suspect it was probably just my old laptop that was at fault).  Also the streaming resolution could sometimes look a bit blocky due to the streaming compression they use, but if you use Microsoft Edge browser then it has an inbuilt Clarity Mode that you can switch on that dramatically improves the picture quality.  Also their XCloud is technically in Beta testing (it's been in 'beta' for years now Rolling eyes) so improvements are always being rolled out and has improved massively the last few years.  You can always just sign up for the £1 for 1 month trial and see how it goes for you. 

• I've been a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber for two years and it is my favourite out of PS Plus and Nintendo Online.

You get access to regular Game Pass, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Live Gold.

There's an excellent library of games that's just as good as the PS Plus game library.

If you're collecting Microsoft Rewards points, it is much more easier to gain those points when you're subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. Every achievement is worth 50 points a day and you have a better chance at completing quests and punchcards.

Xbox Cloud Gaming is getting better and better these days. I've noticed that the stability is improving, and you can play games on any device and on the go.

For £10.99 a month, I would say it is definitely great value for money. Slight smile

• It is great value, however I have not used it in a rather long time. Mostly because I take a long time, including breaks, to finish a single game. If I can get the game on sale I usually would pay less, considering that I finish only a couple games a year. This is however more of a personal thing.

• I found information on that and I saw that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has a powerful value : It's cheaper than paying for each platform's library separately, and includes online play for the console, which would be worth the monthly fee alone. However, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also includes discounts, a reward system, access to EA Play and Xbox Cloud Gaming.