Do you consider RGB important?

Is really cool to watch but it also could be annoying/ distractive (mostly for laptops since you may need to use it in a public place like the library). Also for laptops it means more power consumption. How do you feel about it?

Parents
  • Apart from backlighting on a keyboard RGB has zero use. Unless you are building a themed PC it really shouldn't be a major consideration when purchasing parts. I recently did a new build and my pc is positively pulsing with RGB paraphernalia but I didn't buy the parts for the RGB it just happened to come along on the parts I needed. And I don't even see most of it from where I am sat. I put the lighting on the front fans to good use by setting them to glow green through yellow to red depending on how hot the CPU or GPU is so that I can see from a distance whether a component is stressed or overheating or a cooler has gone kaput, which is genuinely quite useful but apart from that all the other twinklies are switched off. In fact all the aRGB wiring is a cable management nightmare and trying to get all the different components to play nicely with each other through various different proprietary software interfaces is a total PITA

• Apart from backlighting on a keyboard RGB has zero use. Unless you are building a themed PC it really shouldn't be a major consideration when purchasing parts. I recently did a new build and my pc is positively pulsing with RGB paraphernalia but I didn't buy the parts for the RGB it just happened to come along on the parts I needed. And I don't even see most of it from where I am sat. I put the lighting on the front fans to good use by setting them to glow green through yellow to red depending on how hot the CPU or GPU is so that I can see from a distance whether a component is stressed or overheating or a cooler has gone kaput, which is genuinely quite useful but apart from that all the other twinklies are switched off. In fact all the aRGB wiring is a cable management nightmare and trying to get all the different components to play nicely with each other through various different proprietary software interfaces is a total PITA

Children
No Data