What game ending stuck with you the most?

What video game ending made you stop and think for some time or just surprised you a lot? Let's talk about game endings, but no spoilers please. I really loved Inside ending, but I can't really say much about it.

Parents
  • I think an obvious one is Spec Ops: The Line but also Mass Effect 1 & 2, Max Payne 2 which I just remember enjoying a lot and having been satisfying story-wise. To be honest I haven't completed many recent story-based games as I often get bored of them, but those stand out from the past. SWKOTOR also had a pretty cool twist I didn't see coming at the time.

• "Spec Ops: The Line", that game had a surprisingly great story for an FPS genre. +1 to it. It was a great experience through and through.

Since most other replies are about games with "great" endings, I'll add one which made me utterly disappointed: "Divinity: Original Sin 2". It was supposed to be a plot twist, but the story stretched so much that it was obvious. And whoever wrote it, didn't even try to make it grandiose ending, it just ended like any B-rated "meh" movie. Disappointed

• "Spec Ops: The Line", that game had a surprisingly great story for an FPS genre. +1 to it. It was a great experience through and through.

Since most other replies are about games with "great" endings, I'll add one which made me utterly disappointed: "Divinity: Original Sin 2". It was supposed to be a plot twist, but the story stretched so much that it was obvious. And whoever wrote it, didn't even try to make it grandiose ending, it just ended like any B-rated "meh" movie. Disappointed

Children
No Data