Starfield: Is it worth purchasing?

I hadn't seen anyone speak about it on here since release and was hoping for some quick preliminary first reviews of it! It looks a great game i'd enjoy but i need it to be something special before spending on the price tag!

Parents
  • I had seen its having some performance issues, optimisation is rather lacking. I mean it is pretty much day 1 so it may get better. If your hardware is older maybe wait for it to get polished a little more. 

• This, there's even an unofficial mod by an end user to make it use DLSS on NVidia hardware. Personally I'd hold off buying for a while until it's been patched properly to support DLSS and the drivers have been updated too. Intel ARC also needed a post game release driver fix because it was crashing. NVIDIA has also now announced they won't be carrying on with game day releases for drivers going forward as they are focussing their staff budget on their more lucrative AI products instead.

The initial hardware minimum requirements are very demanding as well, as it gets optimised hopefully those will lower

• Yeah, I had read about Ngreedia focusing on the AI money and ignoring gamers again.

Honestly hope AMD and Intel get their act together and storm the gaming market. I've had enough of Nvids antics now.

• AMD are also going to focus on AI, I can see GPU prices rising again because of this new market segment which can utilise the compute cores on any GPU, not just workstation models. Hopefully not to the extent bitcoin mining caused but you never know...

• AMD are also going to focus on AI, I can see GPU prices rising again because of this new market segment which can utilise the compute cores on any GPU, not just workstation models. Hopefully not to the extent bitcoin mining caused but you never know...

Children
No Data