What is Lenovo AI doing in general, also the AI in gaming - does it exist?

Hello, could you tell me something about the AI in the technologies as laptops, what is it for and how it works? 

Parents
  • In all honesty, I too am curious.

From what I understand its mean to be another little processor that decides the best course of action for the systems hardware given a workload. Before it was generally an algorithm ran by the CPU, having a chip dedicated to that and coupled with machine learning should make it better. Though it is hardly ever reported on. If remember correctly it sort of decides which die gets more power CPU/GPU depending on load of each.

I may need correcting as Im not 100% sure. If I am right, in all honesty its a little underwhelming, but Lenovo tout FPS increases due to it.

• In all honesty, I too am curious.

From what I understand its mean to be another little processor that decides the best course of action for the systems hardware given a workload. Before it was generally an algorithm ran by the CPU, having a chip dedicated to that and coupled with machine learning should make it better. Though it is hardly ever reported on. If remember correctly it sort of decides which die gets more power CPU/GPU depending on load of each.

I may need correcting as Im not 100% sure. If I am right, in all honesty its a little underwhelming, but Lenovo tout FPS increases due to it.

Children
  • Thank you! It would be great if we can see an example, in real usage, by Lenovo.