What is Lenovo AI doing in general, also the AI in gaming - does it exist?

Hello, could you tell me something about the AI in the technologies as laptops, what is it for and how it works? 

Parents
  • I'm just guessing here, but I'm just guessing the AI in gaming specifically is Legion-software controlled that allows the laptop hardware to eather increase or decrease power consumption depending on the specific game requirements in question. The end result being eather a performance increase or performance decrease.while gaming. 

• Legion AI Engine is an actual chipset in 8th generation laptops onwards so now it's hardware controlled

Up to 7th generation they use solely software based AI (which you select and use when in Auto/Balanced Mode via the same tick box the new AI chipset uses)

That software AI provision downloads an algorithm from Lenovo's servers which gets updated along with Vantage via Microsoft Store. That essentially has pre-defined profiles like you see in NVIDIA Geforce Experience based on performance metrics in games sent back to Lenovo from end user laptops anonymously. When the Legion laptop detects a game it has a profile for it adjusts settings accordingly.

That is how it's worked up to 7th generation laptops, 8th generation onwards can still use those server side profiles but they have the local Legion AI Engine chips to improve on them further or figure out what is best for newer games Lenovo doesn't have profiles for yet itself.

• I have a Lenovo laptop with 8th generation Intel cpu. I don't see in Lenovo Vantage something about AI. The laptop is with integrated GPU, so maybe i can not take advantage ot this algorithm? 

• That's not new enough to have AI, the 8th generation I am referring to is the laptop itself and not the processor. To clarify 8th generation Legion laptops have 13th generation Intel CPU or Ryzen 7000

• That's not new enough to have AI, the 8th generation I am referring to is the laptop itself and not the processor. To clarify 8th generation Legion laptops have 13th generation Intel CPU or Ryzen 7000

Children
No Data