Looking for open world games that reward exploration

I'm a huge fan of games like Skyrim / The Witcher 3 or the new Elden Ring. I think theses games reward you for exploring their massive open worlds and don't make you feel like you're running from ? to ? on a map. Skyrim and Witcher still got these fixed locations but I'm still enjoying them way more than thsoe mdoenr assassins creed games where you run around from ? to ? without any kind of exloring at all. These game almost feal like work. Are there any  bigger titles ( mostly looking for RPGs with some kind of melee combat, , stuff like fallout wasn't really my thing sadly) someone can recommend me to try?

• Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption games have massive worlds that fall in the exploration category that you described there. There are other open world games like recent Zelda titles, so it will depend on what genre preferences do you have.

• Red Dead Redemption 2 is probably the best open world game I've ever played. The main story is fairly linear, but the depth the world offers and all the little secrets waiting to be found are simply amazing if you're willing to explore. If you do end up playing it and want to discover a lot of easter eggs during/after your playthrough, I would highly recommend checking out Strange Man on YouTube; they break down tons of easter eggs and showcase various details and secrets.

• I don't know of you would like them but great options are Red Death Redemption 2, Minecraft and Cyberpunk 2077.

They feel endless and with always something new to do or explore Grin

• You could try working backwards in the Elder Scrolls series. Anything from Morrowind onward is still very playable and fun, and offers the open world experiences you're looking for.

You might also try Elex and Elex 2 (recently released), Kenshi, and Outward, as those games do have, to varying degrees, very open-ended play styles and don't usually fall into the "here's a quest - follow the trail" category. All of them also incorporate interesting melee combat, although Kenshi is much less user-controlled. Hope those are helpful suggestions!

• You mentioned Elden Ring and you seek a game with melee combat - Dark Souls trilogy? You'd be in for a joy. Sun with face

You could also give The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild a shot or even Dragon Age: Inquisition if you're into that kind of thing.

• Dark/Demon Souls is very similar to Elden Ring, and those games are all from the same developer, so you might try them out. Since those are older games, they are more limited in open world exploration, but they are still a treat to play.

• I recommend Zelda games, especially the newest entry in the series Breath of the Wild. Zelda games have always been about exploration so if that's what you are looking for, give Zelda a try.

• Elden ring is great, it can be punishing exploring though but there's plenty to explore with rewards to find.

Witcher 3 is another great game for exploring and finding stuff and side quests, I highly recommended this, even more so with the updates.

Cyberpunk 2077, plenty to do and explore the side stuff can seem a little random at times but its really fun now its not so buggy, there's a DLC on the way too and Im hoping it's as good as the game itself.

Breath of the wild, I love Zelda games, but adding weapons that can break, no way to make them or repair them did annoy me to be honest. Other than that another fantastic game and there's more to find than you would want to for a completionist.

• Zelda Breath of the Wild fits that bill and might be up your alley

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    2. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
    3. Red Dead Redemption 2
    4. Skyrim
    5. Horizon Zero Dawn
    6. Grand Theft Auto V
    7. Spider-Man
    8. Minecraft
    9. Fallout 4
    10. Ghost of Tsushima