Looking for something like Sea of Thieves

Strong preference to be pirate-related unless it has many other striking similarities in gameplay. Doesn't need to be first person. Ideally PC or Xbox.

• AC Black Flag which is also due a remaster. On PC there's a 4K mod package so it'll fill the gap. 

• I have taken a look for games like Sea of Thieves and found the ones below that you might take a look at. 

Windbound: 

Windbound is a game that pushes storytelling in video games. Released in 2020 by 5 Lives Studios, Windbound is a game that, through its narrative, manages to mythologize the Ocean. Players take control of a marooned seasteading in an adventure that seamlessly combines the best of Sea of Thieves and Breath of the WildWindbound is as thrilling on the land as it is in the Ocean and is definitely worth checking out if you feel Sea of Thieves is lacking in story.

'Skull and Bones': 

To say this game has generated its share of hype would be an understatement. Scheduled to be released sometime in 2021, the developers at Ubisoft could have a significant hit on their hands if they play their cards right. Trailers for this hotly anticipated title show epic ship-to-ship combats hull, you can see every minute detail. Based on what has been showcased, battles could rival the scale of those scenes in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag:

When players learned that Assassin’s Creed would be a series that theoretically could take place anywhere, I knew I would eventually be playing a Japanese-focused game and one that took place on the high seas. While the developers at Ubisoft have stubbornly denied players of the former, the latter came to pass in 2013.

While other Assassin's Creed games have featured boat battles, they haven’t featured the kind of boat battles that take place during the height of piracy. Everything from loading and firing the cannons to boarding and commandeering ships is a feature in this game.

Raft:

An unexpected hit, Raft is a game that takes several chapters out of Sea of Thieves' book. Aside from taking place on the open water, the 2018 game released by Redbeet Interactive, is as comedy-oriented as Sea of Thieves. Instead of pirates, however, you play like normal people stranded on a small piece of debris in the middle of nowhere. It’s up to the player to literally fish for resources to slowly but surely build up their raft into a seasteading fortress. The sense of accomplishment one gets from building up to a viable community is gratifying which is probably why so many payers have become addicted to this cult hit.

• Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is the only one that comes to mind. But I think it's already like 10 years old, so perhaps that's not what you are looking for.

• This is probably not helpful at all, but there was a mod for Battlefield 1942 (the original!) called Pirates and it was absolutely spectacular. Not only could you run around as a pirate with flintlock weaponry, but you could also hop onboard any kinds of pirate-y vessels from skiffs to galleons. If you fancy old games, it might still be around, but I have no idea if anyone would still play it.

But anyway, if you want pirate-themed games, check this out: https://screenrant.com/best-pirate-video-games-ever/

• Atlas and blackwake. 
    skull and bones has a beta at 25 to 28 august so check that out. 

• There's a new one popped up in my Steam Discovery Queue this morning that looks reasonably good. It's still early access but free to play so no real reason not to check it out store.steampowered.com/.../

• You can take a look at Black Desert Online. Other people have already named other similar games.

• I've played assassin's creed black flag and it's amazing! Do recommend 

• While I agree with others on games like AC: Black Flag, there might be some other piraty games that might interest you, depending on what pat of it you like most. One being the Risen series. While those games are rather janky, they are quite fun in their own rights. The other being Pillar's of Eternity 2: Deadfire. A CRPG in a new world setting which I highly recommend. 

• I know I'm late to this, but I played the Beta there before Christmas when they done the second run. It doesn't play great and Sea of Theives is much better in my opinion