If you like Company of Heroes, try Iron Harvest

https://store.steampowered.com/app/826630/Iron_Harvest/

Company of Heroes is a great strategy game. It's not my favorite RTS, but I can very much understand why it appeals. At the end of the day, squad-based tactical combat is awesome, especially when you're in control from the top down.

I recently fired up Iron Harvest because the game's setting and re-imagining of history really appealed to me. Here's a bit of the description:

Iron Harvest is a real-time strategy game (RTS) set in the alternate reality of 1920+, just after the end of the Great War. The Game lets you control giant dieselpunk mechs, combining epic singleplayer and coop campaigns as well as skirmishes with intense action on the battlefield for multiplayer fans, Iron Harvest is the classic real-time strategy game fans have been waiting for.

Now, while I wouldn't say the game is as polished as CoH, there are many striking similarities. It's hard to see how this wouldn't appeal to CoH fans who want a slightly different setting than WW2. Try it out and see what you think!

• To anyone that stumble across this forum post, try out Iron Harvest it's really good and I spent countless hours in the game. 100% recommend it, after just trying out from one of the humble choice bundles as I was bored, it quickly became a game that I continued on playing for weeks.

• Thanks for the recommendation Steinhund and ThomasGrin.

A lot of people recently is suggesting to play Iron Harvest, and now I'm too curious to try itGrin!

• Iron Harvest does look interesting I'll have to add it to me list of games to try.

• When it comes to rts CoH is my favorite. Focus more on tactics then base building. Unit buildings and support items. 

iron harvest is the same way? Thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out 

• I got Iron Harvest ages ago because it looked like fun but haven't had time to try it out since. It does look similar to CoH in some ways other than the timeline. Seems like a great recommendation though, thanks!

• Company of Heroes is great!

And Iron Harvest looks really good! I'll give it a try! Thanks

• It looks like a fun alternative world to play in, with different kinds of weapons that one are normally use too. I have to give it a good try.