If you like Hotline Miami, try 12 is Better Than 6

https://store.steampowered.com/app/410110/12_is_Better_Than_6/

12 is Better Than 6 is a top-down shooter game taking heavy inspiration from Hotline Miami, set in the lawless Wild West, in 1873. The protagonist is an escaped Mexican slave fleeing to the United States who's being chased down by thugs. A major element in this game is stealth – the player is encouraged to take advantage of it and calculate every move, but it's also possible to go the loud way instead. Weapons are very satisfying to use, and not just shooting, but also reloading feels great. It's quite a challenging game, with enemies that react quick and shoot accurately.

The game's art style is truly unique – it's hand drawn with pen and paper, with a blood red aesthetic, giving it an identity of its own.

Side note: if you're expecting to play this with a controller, I don't recommend it. It's not an enjoyable experience, use keyboard and mouse instead.

I myself got this game from a Humble Bundle in around 2018. I finished it in around 7 hours. It's an older game at this point, being released in 2015, yet it's aged quite well. The story isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's engaging enough. Over the years, I've seen some people say it's just a Hotline Miami clone and that you should play that instead (you should also play Hotline Miami though if you haven't already), but I don't think it's justified.

12 is Better Than 6 is normally 6.99€ on Steam, but as I'm writing this, it's 1.74€ during the Winter Sale. If you're buying this game, I hope you'll enjoy it.

• Note that this game was given away by Fanatical in the past, and as OP mentioned, it was also in Humble Bundle pack, so you might have it in your library already. Smile

A major element in this game is stealth – the player is encouraged to take advantage of it and calculate every move, but it's also possible to go the loud way instead.

I usually play stealth in games when it offers pacifist way of solving things (like in Metro series), but sometimes it takes too many reloads that I just get fed with it and go full out banging. Laughing I remember I played Alpha Protocol with the silencer and knocking people out and realized there's nothing different when playing like that at the end of the game - some points in game require violence. The only special thing I got was that I got to capture one of the terrorists, which gave me some bigger reward on the mission, and that's it. Shrug

• Thanks for the review! Didn't realize that stealth was a factor in this game. That might make me play it, although my backlog is quite full.

• Thanks for the recommendation. Hotline Miami 1 and 2 is fun and challenging casual game. And not to mention brutal Joy

• thanks for the recommendation!!