Buying a new Legion T7i gaming PC

Hey Everyone,

I know it's a long way in advance but 8 months will be gone in no time and it's nice to dream.

Next year in May I turn 50 and I have been a big fan of gaming since I was very young although the choices weren't as good back then. Because it's a big birthday I am going to take advantage and treat myself and buy a gaming PC as it's been about 20 years since I last had one (Playing the original Baldur's Gate).

Things seem to be way more complicated now and with the current prices of graphics cards I have decided to go pre-built. From the research I've done so far the Lenovo Legion T7i seems to be the best option by price and build components so I am pretty sure that is what I am going to go for and I now look at the different models most days trying to decide what I should go for, although I know there is a possibility new models may be released before May next year, it passes the time.

I will probably have about £2250 to spend and I am wondering whether I go for the basic RTX 3060 ti model at approx £1,400 which would leave me enough money to look at a 49" Super Ultrawide 5120 x 1440 monitor knowing I will struggle to drive it at a good refresh rate with the RTX 3060 ti so I will need to upgrade the graphics card in a couple of years to get the full experience or go for the full on RTX 3080 at £2,500 and wait until I can get a discount and just use my 1080p monitor or 4k TV until I can upgrade the monitor in a couple of years.

I would also like to try out a bit of streaming/recording through OBS.

Just wondered what your thoughts were. I know there probably a right or wrong way but it is always good to get other people's opinions.

p.s. I know stock levels change regularly and the 3060 ti  is out of stock at the moment but will hopefully come back in again before May.

Thanks and happy gaming everyone.