Gaming Monitor on a Laptop, is it worth it?

I have a question that I would like to ask and I don't know if it has already been discussed in the forums. Now I have a laptop and I am considering purchasing a screen to be able to better enjoy certain games. I don't know to what extent it is worth it. I know it's better to have a gaming PC for this, but it's what I have now.

Since I know some theory but I don't know in practice which characteristics are best, I wanted to ask what you think. I don't know if anyone in the community has done it yet.

- What level of pixel density per inch is the minimum to enjoy?
- Is compatibility with AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-Sync so important?
- Refresh rate: there are many types of frequency, I think 140 would be enough. Is the difference noticeable at higher rates?
- What type of quality panel (OLED?)
- I have seen curved screens that look spectacular for playing driving or FPS games, real difference?

Based on that, I'm going to decide if I take a step forward or wait to have a gaming PC. Thanks!

Parents
  • My friends have gaming monitors connected to their gaming laptops and use the laptop as a second screen. But there is a need to drop setting and tweak it because the laptop obviously isn't as powerful as the PC equivalent. 

They both got the same monitors, 2K 144hz VGA MSI Curved Monitors and they love them! But they have said they will need to upgrade from laptop to PC soon enough 

• Will have it on mind, I see that kind of monitor is not much expensive, thanks!

• Will have it on mind, I see that kind of monitor is not much expensive, thanks!

Children
  • No worries, hopefully you can pick something good up