Gaming Monitor on a Laptop, is it worth it?

I have a question that I would like to ask and I don't know if it has already been discussed in the forums. Now I have a laptop and I am considering purchasing a screen to be able to better enjoy certain games. I don't know to what extent it is worth it. I know it's better to have a gaming PC for this, but it's what I have now.

Since I know some theory but I don't know in practice which characteristics are best, I wanted to ask what you think. I don't know if anyone in the community has done it yet.

- What level of pixel density per inch is the minimum to enjoy?
- Is compatibility with AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-Sync so important?
- Refresh rate: there are many types of frequency, I think 140 would be enough. Is the difference noticeable at higher rates?
- What type of quality panel (OLED?)
- I have seen curved screens that look spectacular for playing driving or FPS games, real difference?

Based on that, I'm going to decide if I take a step forward or wait to have a gaming PC. Thanks!

• OLED monitors are quality but you need to ensure you have warranty/ insurance coverage and take care of it to prevent burn in and other issues.

• A cheap 1440p 27" or up screen is going to be miles ahead of a laptop screen. FreeSync support is standard at this point. Higher than 140 FPS is going to be pretty pointless, especially since you probably can't even use it with the HDMI on your laptop.

OLED really drives up the price, so it's not really the economical option. Both IPS and VA can be quite good for gaming nowaways. Just look at some reviews for which screen to buy (like from Monitors Unboxed).

I have a screen with a modest curve and it is a modest improvement over a flat screen. It probably makes more of a difference if you get an ultrawide or really big screen with a major curve, but I've seen mixed opinions on having that much of a curve.

• If needed do some measurements with the size of monitor to match the size of your set up, then do some research whether you are on a budget so you can pick between panels and browse reviews for monitors that take your eye and base it around the concept of what you want in a monitor

• No worries, hopefully you can pick something good up 

• Pixels:

More pixels are nice, but don't go overboard.
    FreeSync and G-Sync:

If you have AMD, FreeSync; If you have NVIDIA, G-Sync. It helps keep it from looking weird.
    Update Rate:

The higher the better, but 140 is fine. Don't get obsessed with high numbers.
    Screen type:

IPS for pretty colors, TN if you want fast responses, and OLED if you're a millionaire.
    Curved Screens:

If you get dizzy or play racing a lot, it can be cool. If not, it doesn't matter.