[Legion Listens] VOTE on our new Discussion Group ideas!

Hey Legion! We’re always looking at ways to improve your experience with the community - including opportunities to add new Discussion Groups in the coming months.

Therefore, we thought we’d ask you a simple question in our latest LEGION LISTENS to help us decide!

So, below we have four ideas for brand-new Community Discussion Groups, and we’d like you tell us which one you’d most like to see added to the community in the near future:

• For me the more appealing idea is Tech Reviews, I find it quite useful even for future members to have personal opinions and ideas on hardware that some of us might own

• Tech Reviews, I have a natural scepsis to sales people and really like to hear what normal people think about different products and great ideas for its usage.  

• I'm more interested in the restructuring of the site in general since Ben mentioned on stream establishing a single worldwide community site rather than us all log in via separate portals and have fragmented groups.

While that sounds good in theory, how will we be able to differentiate between posts and articles that are relevant to each country rather than get excited about news that we then having read through an entire post is exclusive to North America for example? Will end users be able to set country or region tags/flags for posts?

The same applies to the giveaways from Lenovo, how would that work? Would there still be separate pages and widgets per region because of regional hardware differences, competition laws and shipping logistics?

Is there any chance of seeing a preview of the work in progress or is it too soon for that?

The Indie Gaming category interests me more than the other options since we can share hidden gems from the various digital distributors in there that are either free to play or dirt cheap and there's enough coverage of the others already. What may be useful instead is a link tree to trustworthy reviewers that are not paid or sponsored to review the games and hardware they are presenting. Guys like Jarrod's tech for example, he never pulls any punches if he finds something bad and only showers praise where it's really due.

• Some of the tech talk on these forums has been really enlightening for me, so I'd love for a place to expand on that. In addition, video game reviews are what I grew up reading (thanks, PC Gamer), so adding them to the site gives me endless talking points. Would love to see that!

• I think the addition of a tech reviews group would be a good fit, especially if it covers all types of tech not just PC / laptops.

• indie&retro kinda go together and you can combine vr & tech as well (especially because vr/ar and so on hasnt reaaaaaally taken off yet)

if you want to keep them separated id also go for tech like the others so far

• Sounds good. But who's supposed to do those tech reviews?

• Or if Lenovo sets up a structure for user reviews. Anyone using a machine that wants to leave feedback could do. That way there are real world opinions in a fairly standardised format.

• Always like to hear real people reviewing their experience with tech.