Going all digital....

So, Xbox leaked some stuff as i'm sure you've already seen, and one of the leaks was their plans to make the XSX all digital quite soon. What are your thoughts about this? Honestly, i think it is a horrible move for the customer, PC can get away with it due to multiple store fronts and competing prices, but console? If the game isn't on sale, and it's all digital, you're *** outta luck :( 

Parents
  • As there's currently no way to resell digital console purchases (legally), this will affect those gamers who are on tight budgets. As digital is still very expensive and takes an age to get proper deals/ discounts. 

On the other hand discs now seem to be a form of DRM as they hold the licence. For example when i upgraded my Cyberpunk2077 PS4 to PS5 and No Mans Sky i have to keep the disc in the drive for the PS5 Version to run. 

• Keeping discs in for DRM isn't exactly a new thing though, it's been happening with PC games sold on optical media for decades too

I think the drive removal from the X is a mistake because they may as well scrap the S if they are doing that. It also rules out cross-compatibility with older games players purchased for their X on disc. The other elephant in the room? 2TB storage is still not enough

• Keeping discs in for DRM isn't exactly a new thing though, it's been happening with PC games sold on optical media for decades too

I think the drive removal from the X is a mistake because they may as well scrap the S if they are doing that. It also rules out cross-compatibility with older games players purchased for their X on disc. The other elephant in the room? 2TB storage is still not enough

Children
No Data