Going all digital....

So, Xbox leaked some stuff as i'm sure you've already seen, and one of the leaks was their plans to make the XSX all digital quite soon. What are your thoughts about this? Honestly, i think it is a horrible move for the customer, PC can get away with it due to multiple store fronts and competing prices, but console? If the game isn't on sale, and it's all digital, you're *** outta luck :( 

Parents
  • It's a trap.

At that point you can only buy what they want you to at the price they want you to. Don't like it? Cant even resell it to recoup the cost. Its also trying to strong arm you into gamepass.

I for one only buy what I want to play, when I want to play it. So gamepass holds no value to me. 

Then comes the cloud boosted performance, we all know that will be a digital subscription too. They will not just give you better performance. Also having to depend on an Internet connection is counter productive. Some of us just play games. I dont do subscriptions, which is why I came back to PC, so someone saying pay 15quid a month and you can have 4090 levels of performance, just doesn't sit right with me. Pretty soon you'll be paying 500quid for a glorified modem and still being charged for online, gamepass and cloud services.

Hell no, MS and XB can get screwed.

• It's a trap.

At that point you can only buy what they want you to at the price they want you to. Don't like it? Cant even resell it to recoup the cost. Its also trying to strong arm you into gamepass.

I for one only buy what I want to play, when I want to play it. So gamepass holds no value to me. 

Then comes the cloud boosted performance, we all know that will be a digital subscription too. They will not just give you better performance. Also having to depend on an Internet connection is counter productive. Some of us just play games. I dont do subscriptions, which is why I came back to PC, so someone saying pay 15quid a month and you can have 4090 levels of performance, just doesn't sit right with me. Pretty soon you'll be paying 500quid for a glorified modem and still being charged for online, gamepass and cloud services.

Hell no, MS and XB can get screwed.

Children
No Data