High quality webcam vs mirrorless camera

A high quality 4K webcam (e.g. from Logitech or Razer) or a mirrorless camera connected to the computer? What do you think the pros and cons are for each? Main usage would be for streaming.

• I'm interested in what others have to recommend.

• If you are just streaming, then go quality webcam.  It would be a waste of funds to get the camera and all its capabilities.  Also camera might be more challenging depending on make/ model to get configured as it is built to handle a wide variety of shooting situations.

• There are some amazing webcams these days (I HIGHLY recommend Elgato over razer/etc) but assuming the same budget, you cant beat the quality of a mirrorless with a nice lense. Depends on your use case though as others have said here, it's definitely not as plug n play. I think elgatos most recent cams honestly may be very close to mirrorless quality now 

• If your primary use is streaming, I recommend going with a high quality 4K webcam. A nice mirrorless seems like overkill and the return on your investment is probably minimal compared to a webcam. Also, in my experience, I think you'll find a webcam software and features much easier to use. Just my opinion, but a great question!

• Great question. I would say a Webcam is pretty easier and more affordable . If your main usage would be streaming I would say to hold off on a professional camera. The average user probably  won't tell the difference in the camera quality. I also think the main streaming sites can't even do 4k quality yet in general maxing out a 1080p resolution.  Although I hear that youtube can now do 4k streaming ( but haven't tested/tried myself)

• I HAVEN'T USED MIRRORLESS CAMERA, ONLY WEBCAMS.  HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM. FOR AN INTERESTING ARTICLE TO READ ABOUT MIRRORLESS CAMERA, I WOULD RECOMMENT READING www.techradar.com/.../best-mirrorless-camera

• I think the universal sentiment is that it all comes down to budget. If the price of the camera and all needed to hook it up is not a problem then go that route. If on a budget, then go with the best webcam you can afford. A good result can be achieved either way.

• Like others have said, I would also recommend checking out Elgato's webcams (Facecam Mk 2 or Pro) for ease of use and a high quality product. A mirrorless camera is nice because you get a larger image sensor and can change your lenses, however they aren't made specifically for streaming like the Elgato product is, so you'll have to do your research on how to best set it up while Elgato is pretty much plug and play once you get their software.

• I will go with a high quality 4K webcam, the camera on laptops or monitor are usually not that good.

• A mirrorless DSLR is always going to be much higher quality. That being said, I'd probably start out with a webcam, because their quality has come a long way. They'll never be mirrorless quality, but they get the job done for streaming and such.