VOTE for our June 2024 Giveaway!

Edit: Vote is closed! The people have spoken - we'll be giving away a Legion 7i 4070 next month Slight smile

Calling all entrants! What item(s) do you want to win next month for our June 2024 Legion Community Giveaway?

Parents
  • I am starting to doubt that everyone commenting their choice is also voting.

•   

Uncounted voteI think many are commenting their choice because the voting form (script) is broken.  The onChange() event is not submitting the form.  With no submit button, we have no way of manually submitting the form.

Not without further code analysis, anyway. :-)

(click image to enlarge/zoom; 785×597 original)

I tried to reply to ZeusCell's comment, earlier.  Including a mention and quoting part of his reply; that led to errors which denied access to all of Lenovo's communities.

The DoA, however, was restricted to Chromium-based¹ browsers on my system.  Only Google Chrome has my community credentials.  Mozilla Firefox and Brave Web Browser do not.

Record of Access DeniedTo be clear, all 3 communities (EDU, Legion Gaming, and Pro) appeared to block access based on user-agent² + IP address:

• If access were blocked by session-token (login), Brave Web Browser would be unaffected.
    • If access were blocked by IP address (only), Mozilla Firefox would also be affected.

(click image to enlarge/zoom; 2560×1600 original)

¹ Google Chrome and Brave Web Browser are Chromium-based.  Mozilla Firefox is not.

² User-agent example:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36
  • When this popped up, I noticed voting was open for one day. Can't remember the difference between  Alzheimer's and amnesia. I have checked to see the voting results in progress many times since noon. Comment bout comments stands. Many have said the thing, perhaps many since the beginning instead of voting. Still a comfortable victory and a majority I was not expecting.

•  

I spotted "Voting Ends: 14 May...".  I assumed the rest was "2024 23:59:59".

Y'know... like my coding assignments in college.  Guess what I've been holding in all this time?  Wrong.

"Plop, plop... fizz, fizz... oh, what a relief it is." - Alka-Seltzer jingle from the 1970s

• Don't worry bout it. I often read 12pm as midnight.

This is a Spanish accent?  

• Lol - you both figured it out! I have to place our product orders today, so it was a flash vote. To be fair though I did do a more general "what do you want to win" post here a little while ago too. Legion 7i order has been placed Slight smile

• Anonymous
    Anonymous in reply to Ben G. (Lenovo CM)

Kind of had a feeling the Legion 7i would win Slight smile

•  

Legion 7i order has been placed

Is "Legion 7i" your nickname for Legion Tower 5i Gen 8 (Intel) with RTX 4070?

If so... then you can call me "Susan" if it makes you happy. :-)

•  

I often read 12pm as midnight.

I didn't misread—because I didn't read.  I stopped at "14 May".  Then I predicted the remaining text... like a large language model.

And that's why G.K. has nothing to worry about.  Artificial Intelligence will never replace Natural Stupidity.

How you doin'? :-)

•  

I often read 12pm as midnight.

I didn't misread—because I didn't read.  I stopped at "14 May".  Then I predicted the remaining text... like a large language model.

And that's why G.K. has nothing to worry about.  Artificial Intelligence will never replace Natural Stupidity.

How you doin'? :-)

Children
No Data