What is your single favorite "scary" game of all time, and why?

EDIT: Keys are closed for today! Stay tuned later this week for more.
You're still able to participate in the discussion of course Slight smile

What single "scary" game is your favorite you've ever played, and why?

Let me know in the comments below, and I'll DM some keys for Midnight Ghost Hunt to thoughtful members' replies! (All done for today!)

Notes:
- Please use at least 200 characters in your reply
- This doesn't have to just be "horror" games, it can be any game with scary elements!
- We've wrapped up keys for the day. There may be more pop-up discussions w/ key giveaways later this week, so be on the lookout! Jack o lantern

Parents
  • My favorite scary game is the original Dead Space Slight smile

Sure, it had it's share of jump scares, but they were tastefully placed to good effect.  What I like the most about it is the tense ambience the game had - to this day I swear I could hear whispers as I walked the empty corridors - it's like I was going increasingly paranoid... adding to the spine-tingling atmosphere.

I haven't played any of the sequels yet, but one day I will... and I also look forward to the remastered version!  Hopefully they keep most of the same elements the original had.

PS:  This game has one of the most memorable jump scares I've seen to this date - when it happened I made a real weird yelp... a combination of woah and AHHH!  I really wasn't ready for it.  The game also lured me into a false sense of security.

#Psychology

• My favorite scary game is the original Dead Space Slight smile

Sure, it had it's share of jump scares, but they were tastefully placed to good effect.  What I like the most about it is the tense ambience the game had - to this day I swear I could hear whispers as I walked the empty corridors - it's like I was going increasingly paranoid... adding to the spine-tingling atmosphere.

I haven't played any of the sequels yet, but one day I will... and I also look forward to the remastered version!  Hopefully they keep most of the same elements the original had.

PS:  This game has one of the most memorable jump scares I've seen to this date - when it happened I made a real weird yelp... a combination of woah and AHHH!  I really wasn't ready for it.  The game also lured me into a false sense of security.

#Psychology

Children
  • Seen a few mentions of Dead Space now... might have to try that out over the weekend! Thanks for the rec!