Incognito Mode

Google is being sued for violating the sacred trust of Incognito Mode. Supposedly, you should be able to use it without being tracked, collecting cookies, etc., but apparently they collected all this data anyway.

Do you use Chrome or Incognito Mode? Did you have any realistic expectation that it was as private as advertised? Are you surprised that Google may not be a trustworthy organization, or is this just that thing everyone already knew forever? If not, what browsers do you use instead?

Parents
  • No because I never trusted Chrome for that exact suspicion. If you're not using Brave instead, you should start

• CCleaner pulled a fast one while I was on autopilot. Tricked me into clicking OK when the box to download their browser was clicked. It appears to be made of chrome, but with Firefox guts somehow. All of my FF bookmarks are accessible there. Weird. I keep hearing about Brave from other credible people. Maybe one day I will. Thanks for the tip,  

• CCleaner pulled a fast one while I was on autopilot. Tricked me into clicking OK when the box to download their browser was clicked. It appears to be made of chrome, but with Firefox guts somehow. All of my FF bookmarks are accessible there. Weird. I keep hearing about Brave from other credible people. Maybe one day I will. Thanks for the tip,  

Children
  • It's uses the Chromium engine but it's not Chrome, mostly importantly that it doesn't report back to google. It's carries over the best features of chrome but takes privacy to the next level and gives you a lot of customization options.

This is pretty helpful guide if you want to compare browsers

https://privacytests.org/