Software for personal Cloud

I have all the elements for a personal cloud! What software do you recommend I run to make it come together?

Parents
  • Not really sure what you mean by elements?  Do you have a NAS?  A media server?  Fast internet?

•  I didnt answer right away before because I had to catch up a little on these legit questions lol. I do have a NAS set up and my internet is moderate but I am running the system for storing or backing up media files. I mean I would mind running my ISO retro games from the server instead of directly connecting my external hard drive. To be clear, i have no clue what I'm doing lol. I have a 3 TBs hooked up but don't have clue how to access it or set it up.

•  I didnt answer right away before because I had to catch up a little on these legit questions lol. I do have a NAS set up and my internet is moderate but I am running the system for storing or backing up media files. I mean I would mind running my ISO retro games from the server instead of directly connecting my external hard drive. To be clear, i have no clue what I'm doing lol. I have a 3 TBs hooked up but don't have clue how to access it or set it up.

Children
  • What brand NAS is it?  If it's a server you built yourself that will be more work.  I have a Synology NAS and it's pretty plug and play.

You'll need network access to the drives so you can mount them on the PC you want to play the games on.  I use my NAS for movies - I ripped all of my blu rays to them and threw out the Blu ray discs - and it works really well in Linux and Windows as a mounted drive.