Dragon Age Series vs. The Witcher Trilogy

Last Month they "Revamped" the The Witcher III 'The Wild Hunt'. And don't get me wrong, I'm totally stoked about it! But, on the other hand; I feel like it's only getting all this recent 'recognition' because of the Netflix show's recent 'popularity'. What about other games from the same 'era/genre'? What about the entire Dragon Age Series? I wouldn't mind a DA Netflix adaption, lol. I guess the title doesn't really present my question well. I guess I'm aiming more for "Do you feel like The Witcher deserves all the hype it's getting like 'Museum Status' while other games Like Dragon Age sit in the 'Graveyard'?

Parents
  • I’ve played the Witcher trilogy and a couple of the Dragon Age games. They’re both great game series. I think one big reason the Witcher has more lasting relevance is that it has such great literary source material to draw on that really lends the world some heft and a sense of place. While the developers of Dragon Age clearly have made a real effort to come up with history and detail for their world, it still feels like a “game world” in the end and just lacks the depth and character of the Witcher world.

• I agree both good but witcher char just seem deeper and more interesting probably cause of books

• I agree both good but witcher char just seem deeper and more interesting probably cause of books

Children
No Data