What is your preferred way to backup your system?

what is your preferred way to back up your files? Are you more into backing up your stuff on a cloud? An external hard drive? Or an m.2 enclosure? Lastly, why is that preferred method of backing up your files?

Personally I have my files backed up on an external hard drive and more recently started using a m.2 enclosure.

Parents
  • I prefer to keep my backups local and use an 5TB Portable HDD to first do a Full backup with Macrium Reflect, then I have incremental backups daily.  I keep about 30-40 incrementals in a folder on the HDD, then start a new full backup in a new folder about every 30-40 days.   It has worked good for me.  In my situation I would be concerned using an SSD because of the frequent writes, is why I went with the external drive.

• I prefer to keep my backups local and use an 5TB Portable HDD to first do a Full backup with Macrium Reflect, then I have incremental backups daily.  I keep about 30-40 incrementals in a folder on the HDD, then start a new full backup in a new folder about every 30-40 days.   It has worked good for me.  In my situation I would be concerned using an SSD because of the frequent writes, is why I went with the external drive.

Children
No Data