Gifts

What was the best gift you have ever received? 

• I have receive lots of good gifts, my first bike, my first car, but the best gift I have ever received was a full blood transfusion, at birth, giving me a chance in life.

• Wow!  Quite a birthday gift!

• My best gift was when I was a child. I got a stuffed lion that talked. Love that toy.

• It may not be the best gift but I will always remember getting my first gaming system during Christmas, an Atari. Boy do I feel old AF.

• My pet dogs were birthday gifts; getting them is my oldest memory. I managed to spend 20 years with them and I am happy that my parents went with this gift. 

• Super Cobra on Magnavox Odyssey 2Although I have received gifts that were more expensive and empirically better — including in this category — I have to go with my Magnavox Odyssey 2.  It took me from playing video games only at arcades and the homes of friends and family — to playing video games in my bedroom!

After the Odyssey 2, I received other consoles (and a PC) as gifts.  But, those only upgraded my experience.

Image: Super Cobra on Magnavox Odyssey 2

• My best gift was my first car, a used VW. Such a fun car!

• Every gift that I have received is a great gift.  My family never had much money growing up, so gifts were sometimes hand made, and not "the latest thing", but I mostly remember everyone being happy and enjoying the holidays; and of course the cookies and great foods.

• My best give was my computer. 

• Probably the most defining would be when I got the N64.