2024 Snow

How is everyone weathering the snow?   I am in West TN and we just got hit with the polar winds yesterday.   It's 9 degrees and won't go above freezing for at least 2 more days.  We got lucky and only got 3" of snow (or unlucky as I see it.)    I plan to use the holiday and go sledding with my daughters.   :-)

Where are you and how much snow have you gotten this storm?   Any good (or bad) stories from it yet?  Let us hear them.   

God Bless and stay warm.

Parents
  • We're in the Great Lakes region. It was -11 upon rising this AM. Have about a foot of snow which we cleared before the chill arrived. But 40-50mph winds make it drift so, it's time to clear again. We typically get 5-6' of snow over the winter so snow's less a problem than the cold. 

Meanwhile, Diablo IV passes the time. 

• We're in the Great Lakes region. It was -11 upon rising this AM. Have about a foot of snow which we cleared before the chill arrived. But 40-50mph winds make it drift so, it's time to clear again. We typically get 5-6' of snow over the winter so snow's less a problem than the cold. 

Meanwhile, Diablo IV passes the time. 

Children
  • Yeah. The lake effect makes for brutal weather. I have experienced it for many years and the skin piercing winds are the hardest thing to deal with.