Oscars Predictions

Oscars were announced this morning. Anyone excited? Invested? Or is it just rich artists patting each other on the back for repackaging the same bland trash and tricking people into paying for it? Who do you want to win?

• I’ve never understood the interest in the Oscar’s.it’s kinda nice when real talent and hard work is noticed, but it’s been shown that Oscar’s are kinda popularity contests that have weird criteria and under the table stuff just to get nominated. Also the speeches are often weird. 

But ppl like stuff like reality shows, so whatever brings ppl entertainment I guess. 

• I'd say the latter. Not interested anymore in the Oscars, like in years past. It is a boring show, as are the films and celebrities.

• Yeah it really doesn’t matter to me. I mean its just a bunch of rich people sitting around talking. Seems very overrated. I dont think ive ever actually watched one. Maybe clips of others but never the whole thing. Waste of time

• I feel like the Oscars are more of a popularity clique in general.

• I always watch - mostly to see the fashions (or lack thereof as the case may be - some are pretty tacky!)  It doesn't really matter to me who wins, as I haven't seen a single movie that is nominated for anything. I think in general the Oscars just aren't the same as they were once upon a time.  I think they truly used to be about achievements instead of the popularity contest they are today.  The "stars" dressed up with some dignity and class, not the trashy and in my opinion, inappropriate way some do today. And I don't like the politics in the acceptance speeches.  Yet I watch, lol!

• It's a lot of patting on the back.  I've never really followed it and I just can't seem to get interested.  It's an insular world and they are just congratulating each other.  I do appreciate a good movie or performance though.

• THINK JUST RICH ARTISTS PATTING EACH OTHER ON THE BACK.  SADLY, YOU RARELY SEE SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING AT THE MOVIES THESE DAYS.  THAT IS WHY I LIKE WATCHING INDEPENDENT AND FOREIGH FILMS.

• I don't know I think it's mostly patting on the back but occasionally you get a good person winning the award

• ZERO INTEREST in the incestuous self-aggrandizing Hollywood display.

• Oppenheimer will probably win.