Backlog Strategy

Hi everyone!

I suppose some of you have a backlog of games to play. Those you have bought, but still did not have the time to engage. 

Do you have any strategy to play your backlog? Or do you just go along with what you are feeling? 

Game on!

Parents
  • Okay... they say the first step of getting help is admitting you have a problem... therefore!

I have a spreadsheet for all of my games purchased or provided free since 2015. As you can see I have insurmountable backlog! The majority of the games on my list of 2,250 games have come from being a Humble Bundle Choice subscriber since before it was called Choice as well as the every Thursday free games since Epic Game Store launched. When you couple that alongside being an Amazon Prime member, grabbing their free games on a monthly basis... that's a load of games.

Absent from my list of 2,250 games is games I purchase directly from Steam. Those games don't make the list because I don't need to keep record of their game key. In total I'd say I have approximately 2,300 games, not including Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox Games.

As such I have no strategy whatsoever! Slight smile

Most of the time I just go with what I'm feeling. For instance last night I played Slasher's Keep for a bit, got disgruntled with it, then fired up Raidborn.

Admittedly the games I want to complete are:

• God of War
    • Last of Us
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Half Life 2 (yep ... I still haven't finished it)
    • Death Stranding
    • Horizon Zero Dawn

So many games... so little time.

• Okay... they say the first step of getting help is admitting you have a problem... therefore!

I have a spreadsheet for all of my games purchased or provided free since 2015. As you can see I have insurmountable backlog! The majority of the games on my list of 2,250 games have come from being a Humble Bundle Choice subscriber since before it was called Choice as well as the every Thursday free games since Epic Game Store launched. When you couple that alongside being an Amazon Prime member, grabbing their free games on a monthly basis... that's a load of games.

Absent from my list of 2,250 games is games I purchase directly from Steam. Those games don't make the list because I don't need to keep record of their game key. In total I'd say I have approximately 2,300 games, not including Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox Games.

As such I have no strategy whatsoever! Slight smile

Most of the time I just go with what I'm feeling. For instance last night I played Slasher's Keep for a bit, got disgruntled with it, then fired up Raidborn.

Admittedly the games I want to complete are:

• God of War
    • Last of Us
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Half Life 2 (yep ... I still haven't finished it)
    • Death Stranding
    • Horizon Zero Dawn

So many games... so little time.

Children
  • Wow!! I really like the effort you put into that spreadsheet!

With three more columns you could have a solid strategy! Just add "genre", "leisure or serious", and "how long to beat" and you got yourself a plan! 

Maybe doing that for all those games would be too much work, but you can start with the new ones you get!