Student Laptops

So as of next year I'll have two kids in high school. The school cromebooks they have are driving them (and me) up the walls. School IT is essentially useless.
So... here I am curious to see if anyone had any good recommendations for laptops that are good for students?
My daughter has been getting a little more into coding and digital art as well.
But that isn't a primary feature I'm looking for right now since I have my desktop if she really needs to do that sort of work for the time being.

Parents
  • I have a Yoga 7i and Yoga 9i. Both are lightweight enough for a student to carry around all day and both have touchscreens, which could be nice for digital art. The 9i came with a stylus, but the 7i did not, although you can still use one on it if you buy it separately. The 9i also came with a case but I had to buy one separately for the 7i.

• thanks for that! As far as responsiveness and performance which would you put above the other? I'm guessing the 9i is slightly newer processor and display a little better.

• thanks for that! As far as responsiveness and performance which would you put above the other? I'm guessing the 9i is slightly newer processor and display a little better.

Children
  • It sounds like you're on the hunt for a reliable laptop solution for your high school kids, especially with the frustrations you've encountered with the school Chromebooks. Considering your daughter's growing interest in coding and digital art, finding a laptop that offers versatility and reliability is key.If you ever decide to explore options specifically tailored for digital art or coding in the future, check out these best laptop for graphic designers. Taking a peek at these recommendations might give you some ideas for future-proofing your kids' technology setup.