Finance or Save?

Is it worth financing a Gaming PC or Saving and buy later?

Parents
  • I've always told people the following in regards to technology. "There is ALWAYS something new coming... ALWAYS, whatever you purchase will be replaced by something better in 6 months to a year".

Because of that fact, there is no liable strategy in regards to waiting other than personal finances. When you consider the personal finance standpoint here is my advice from that standpoint.

You should only go into debt to finance something you NEED (car, home, furniture/appliance). If you must go into debt on something you WANT, assure the financing has some component of same as cash. As in interest free if paid off within X amount of time. And if you can't pay it off without paying interest in that specified time. That should be simple logic and signal to you that you can not afford what you WANT! When you are paying interest on an item that isn't a home or car (something the majority of people can't afford to pay in cash) it's like flushing money down the toilet.

So in short... if you can finance your purchase interest free... GO FOR IT!!! If you can't... SAVE YOUR MONEY until you can purchase it. Tax refund season is upon us!

• I've always told people the following in regards to technology. "There is ALWAYS something new coming... ALWAYS, whatever you purchase will be replaced by something better in 6 months to a year".

Because of that fact, there is no liable strategy in regards to waiting other than personal finances. When you consider the personal finance standpoint here is my advice from that standpoint.

You should only go into debt to finance something you NEED (car, home, furniture/appliance). If you must go into debt on something you WANT, assure the financing has some component of same as cash. As in interest free if paid off within X amount of time. And if you can't pay it off without paying interest in that specified time. That should be simple logic and signal to you that you can not afford what you WANT! When you are paying interest on an item that isn't a home or car (something the majority of people can't afford to pay in cash) it's like flushing money down the toilet.

So in short... if you can finance your purchase interest free... GO FOR IT!!! If you can't... SAVE YOUR MONEY until you can purchase it. Tax refund season is upon us!

Children
No Data