Avatar the Last Airbender Live Action Discussion

Just wanted to say, I had so much hope for this iteration but I was disappointed Disappointed. I did love the fighting and beautiful worlds they created but I feel the heart of the story was missed a bit? Id give it a 7/10 and I hope they can attack some great storylines from season 2 as ATLA animated first season was also it's weakest story wise.

What's your opinion. Try to use *Spoilers* in front of your comment if you're making a comment based of plot points.

• My biggest issue with the live-action is how the pacing negatively affects Aang's character development. All the "filler" that is skipped isn't really filler since Aang is trying to avoid his responsibilities of being the Avatar by going on all these side quests. Without any of them, the story fails to show a boy conflicted by his desire for a normal childhood and his responsibilities. 

• I am also disappointed, but it is still enjoyable to watch. I don't know how they're going to do more seasons, though. They obviously leave it open to it because of where they leave off, but they started incorporating characters and plot points into the first season they aren't supposed to meet/do until much later. So what will they do when they get to those plot points? They also gloss over a lot with just a sentence or two. Not sure why, either. They have literally a perfect script written for them, and if they wanted to milk this cash cow for what it is, then just do the show step by step. There's no reason to rush or change the plot. 

• If I've never seen Avatar animated series, would you recommend this show? I'm not really big into anime, but I also don't want to lose the magic of the story in terms of character development and stakes that everyone seems to love by "spoiling" it. I saw the live-action movie that everyone was disappointed with, and I could definitely see why people were disappointed. 

• I didn't even know there was a Live Action, so thanks for letting me know. To be honest, I would much rather have movies than a live action. Budget is bigger and the story is more concise. Not only that, but it requires less of my time in case it gets canceled. I will hope for the best and wait for a few seasons before I get invested  ;) 

• I haven't had a chance to see it. But I am looking forward to watching it!

• I haven't seen it yet but I hope I won't be disappointed