What item under $25 USD made the biggest impact on your gaming?

It's easy to talk about how some rather expensive items can make big impacts on your gaming space or experience, but what about the smaller items? For me it's probably my XXXL desk pad or the monitor arm mount for my laptop.

Parents
  • This is going to sound corny but I absolutely love my joystick extenders I got on Amazon for $8. They fit both my PS and XBox controllers. They are not Kontrol Freak but are much better in my opinion made from silicon that lip over the top of the joysticks. As someone who started gaming in the 80's on arcade machines and Atari and Nintendo joysticks (also had Nintendo gamepad back then), it feels more natural for my long fingers and really helps when I play shooters like Battlefield on console. I tend to prefer M&K on pc unless I am playing from my couch which I will use a controller. It is more of a comfort issue which does help when the direction of the joystick needs to be more precise but if you have shorter fingers it might not make as significant of a difference. My fingers overlap the default joystick height too much. They also have a better grip and get less sweaty in my experience and I have three different heights I can use and mix and match according to what genre of game I am playing. Highly recommend to anyone who feel the smaller shorter joysticks on their controller are awkward.

• This is going to sound corny but I absolutely love my joystick extenders I got on Amazon for $8. They fit both my PS and XBox controllers. They are not Kontrol Freak but are much better in my opinion made from silicon that lip over the top of the joysticks. As someone who started gaming in the 80's on arcade machines and Atari and Nintendo joysticks (also had Nintendo gamepad back then), it feels more natural for my long fingers and really helps when I play shooters like Battlefield on console. I tend to prefer M&K on pc unless I am playing from my couch which I will use a controller. It is more of a comfort issue which does help when the direction of the joystick needs to be more precise but if you have shorter fingers it might not make as significant of a difference. My fingers overlap the default joystick height too much. They also have a better grip and get less sweaty in my experience and I have three different heights I can use and mix and match according to what genre of game I am playing. Highly recommend to anyone who feel the smaller shorter joysticks on their controller are awkward.

Children
No Data