Tech and Gadget for PC

What tech or gadget you use on your PC, that is an extra, that you love or like?

Like I have TV Tuner on my PC, I don’t like watching TV, but occasionally it might be something good on TV, and I like to record so I don’t miss it.

I have a Gadget that let me use old controllers, when I am playing classic games.

Parents
  • I have cameras, microphone and speakers those are more typical gadgets. I have an external hard drive reader that is an extra.

• How do you record things? Is it OBS? A program that comes with the device? I can't record much with OBS and I think it might be DRM'ed or whatever. Just a black screen wi th   s kip py   a udi  o. Very annoying. I will have to look into this. And it all gets stored on whatever hard drive you choose?

• How do you record things? Is it OBS? A program that comes with the device? I can't record much with OBS and I think it might be DRM'ed or whatever. Just a black screen wi th   s kip py   a udi  o. Very annoying. I will have to look into this. And it all gets stored on whatever hard drive you choose?

Children
  •  

Have you tried playing around with the capture settings on OBS?

I cannot provide much advice at all.  I barely use OBS.  But, when I do — the results are pretty good.

Remember that KITH-clip I shared with you?  That was captured with OBS — then trimmed with HandBrake.¹

If you want me to send you screenshots of my OBS settings, lmk.

¹ I could have (probably) downloaded the whole episode with yt-dlp (a better fork of youtube-dl), but I must give it my streaming-service credentials (or a session-token).  And I don't trust download-tools with either.

• Yes I use OBS for recording my screen, but not for live TV. I use WinTV it has it own software and Yes you chose where in you hard drive. If you get a black screen is usually two reasons comparability issue or missing drivers.