Free Open Source Software Alternative to Microsoft Office

If you don't have access to Microsoft Office or the funds to pay for Microsoft Office, I recommend that you try Libre office. It's a free and Open Source product that brings most of the functionality of Office to it's various iterations of software for spreadsheets, documents, PDFs, and more. I have it downloaded on my PC and it's saved me for a project.

• How does LibreOffice compare to the Google Docs Editors suite, which is also free to use and doesn't even require any downloads or installations.

• Not familiar with this program, but open source means any user can go into the program and modify their own copy or post mods for others to try. if GD is online, then Google will very likely watch everything you do whenever they can. Anything you write can and will be used against your privacy to sell ads to you.

• I am only familiar with LibreOffice. I have used it for years and it's a great alternative to Microsoft Office.

• Great advise. Been using LibreOffice since I got a windows 10 computer. Tried to install a earlier version of Office on the computer but Word/Power Point Will freeze up from time to time and I'll lose progress. 

• Thank you for this post!

• I got LibreOffice for my fiancee's PC and it works well for what she needs. If you do need to use Microsoft Office for whatever reason and don't want to pay for the high price of an annual subscription, there are websites out there that sell you a cheaper one time use code instead. Anyone who watches Robeytech knows of the site he works with and he gives a code to make it even cheaper. Not sure if I can share it here but a google search for "Robeytech Office code" will help you find it.