Question about Arcane: is it worth watching for non-LoL players, or will too many things go over my head as I watch it?

I ask this because I was interested and saw lots of good praise, but I only played a couple hours of League with friends and never bothered to come back to the game or its community.

• Just try it, a good lore is good regardless of the game. It might even rejuvenate your interest in playing after watching.

• You don't need to be a LOL player to enjoy this show. The visuals, lore, character development, and story work together to make a perfect masterpiece pushing the boundaries of TV animation. Arcane set a standard for what a video game adaptation should be. 

• That's a really interesting point. I hadn't thought about it from that perspective before.

• Thanks for your reply. This is reassuring. I've been pleasantly surprised to see good video game adaptations as of late, from the Netflix Castlevania to Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

• I only played a bit of league... don't even really know the story buy knew some of the characters. I didn't end up finishing it. 

• I've played at most 2 or 3 games of League years and years ago, so I went into Arcane more or less blind. They did a great job of introducing you to the characters and their stories (they obviously won't touch on all the characters in a short number of episodes), but it really peaked my interest in the lore. The soundtrack is also a great addition to the series (it's on youtube as well as Itunes/Apple/etc). It's worth the watch as an animated series separate from the game.

• It's a great show entirely on its own merits - however it is interesting to have knowledge of league lore and try to see how things end up the way they do. Some people may enjoy it more without that perspective though.