AMD Chipset not updating

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing issues updating the chipset drivers (version 5.09.16.731, released on December 13, 2023).

Legion Space shows this driver as needing to be updated. I initially did the update through Legion Space, but upon reboot, the same driver was still pending.

Then, I went directly to the webpage and attempted the update, which seemed to be completed. However, upon checking Legion Space again, it still shows the update as needed.

Can anyone please explain how to check if the update is already installed? Can I check in the Device Manager or something like that?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Install the chipset drivers, or even all drivers from AMD support page. When you return to legion space your drivers will be up to date. 

• Hi  That's what I was always doing, as the chipset drivers which are downloadable through the driver updater, or the Lenovo drivers page are offering, often aren't the newest ones available, and even Ben pointed to the chipset drivers of the amd page himself before. So it is also perfectly fine to install them and doesn't harm the system in any way.

• EvryGma, sorry I can't seem to figure out how to post a PIC on the forum.
    Links are what I think I should be installing when it comes to AMD chipset drivers.
    Do attached look like what I should be doing?
    I want to avoid some comments in redit about getting blue screen on windows while trying to update directly from AMD.

Thanks, 

BTW, let me know if the links don't work I will try to figure out something else.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sh7Nhj-cThJItfZxkdfZ5Tdp3_lMdJ0B/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9SOcANBazjRhSWssNhQQ8Fj-pHNgaUO/view?usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PWgKZ46SXfT6uEU4DcaaK0TV926K9Tew/view?usp=drive_link

• Hi      (sorry for "atting" the wrong Freddy too, the surname is abbreviated unluckily...)

I asked you for access to the pics. If you alow me to see them I can tell you.

-> The installation surface looks totally different then the one for the GPU drivers.

I did never have Blue screens because of it yet. They can also just happen generally with Windows occasionally. But with the Go I can't remember if I ever had one... I had system freezes in special situations really seldomly though. In unusual usage though, whilst trying to stream on the Go wilst playing AAA games, and the power in some cases, with Dragon's Dogma 2 for example just wasn't enough.

P. S.: Can you please "at" me next time? Otherwise I won't get any notification on this Forum about your answer.

•  

Noted, thanks ;) and done,

There was another individual in redit recomending using the following:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset

Upon checking, they are the chipset drivers for laptops. I'll be honest I think I am "ok", in the sense that the drivers from Lenovo result on messages saying the drivers are alredy installed.

I've also seen some users reporting doing DDU, and then reinstalling video/chipset from Lenovo page with sucess. That seems a bit extreme as all my games run fine.

• Hi    ,

those should be the right ones WinkThumbsup, as there basically is only one resource for them on the AMD site, you can almost not do anything wrong.

Just the VGA drivers are something else, as they are not recommended by Lenovo (even though I mainly had good experiences with them in the past), and also once installed change the installation behaviour of the official Lenovo VGA drivers installation, once you wanna go back to them (The Adrenalin driver software won't be automatically be installed anymore in general and you will always need to install it manually).

-> DDU, and also the official AMD removal tool don't change this behaviour, only reinstalling Windows does...

•  

Noted, thank you.

In terms of the video drivers, I have no interest at all in having to manually load drivers. I would rather wait. Anyway, all the games I play run great.

In terms of the chipset, I will give it a try, thanks for putting my mind at ease. LOL

I don't want a blue screen; the Go has been working flawlessly. Currently playing the System Shock remake; it runs fantastic on medium settings, and I am using the Lossless scaling app at 1.5, and it's super smooth on medium.

•     

I did also experience performance increases using newer Chipset drivers at some point there was a noticable jump from one version to another WinkThumbsup 

Sounds great! I have it installed, but still need to test it. I saw a video of "CyberDopamine" on Youtube today (great Youtuber I can totally recommend) and he was able to run even Dragon's Dogma 2 Smiley around 30 fps in a crowded city, which was quite impressive SmileyWinkThumbsupThumbsup

•  

EvryGama / All,

Just a PSA. I did get a blue screen during the install. The device rebooted, and I went over the AMD installer. At that point, the installer said the drivers were already installed and gave me the option to reinstall, which I declined.

I'm just saying that you might get a blue screen, followed by a reboot. The boot screen had the Lenovo logo displaying in portrait mode. LOL. It was odd.

In the end, all is good. I have no issues, and the Legion Space shows nothing is pending to be updated.

Thanks to EvryGama and others for taking the time to help out.

• Hi    (can you please tell me which Freddy R. you are by the way? I'm constantly "atting" and therefore spamming the other poor "Freddy R." Sweat smile)

thanks a lot for letting us know about the blue screen! It never happened to me before, but good to be warned about it...

Do you maybe have a foto of what th blue screen was stating? Open mouth

Or do you remember what it said? Probably just a Microsoft Error Code right?

•   

Here is the best part... none of those... LOL LOL LOL. I added myself to this response, not sure if you will see it? If you don't, let me know.

Freddy ever ready (D2396C63139CF1506DD1B6B535EBA5CB)

I do not remember exactly what it said. I can't remember a code. The only thing I remember is that it said "Windows is now rebooting" when it was booting up. There was some recovery message, but I did not have time to read all of it. It was quick.

Because there was mention of recovery, I ran the driver update a second time to find out the AMD installer reported all the drivers as "up to date."

The when I checked thegion sapce, it showed nothing pending.

One last detail, there is meniton in redit from other users having blue screen, and someone mentioned it was related to either the touchscreen or something else being active(?) in use (?)

In any case, all seems to be working fine, I played yesyterday after the update until the bat was like 13%

• So, can you explain to me step by step what exactly did you install now?  I am so confused,.. I just want this chipset driver thing be installed, and not reapearing in space anymore. I am no expert. Could you please explain in total what to do, what to download from where, and what buttons to press.... I would highly appreciate your help. REALLY. This reapearing chipset driver drives me NUTS.

•   

Download the adrenaline drivers (no need to search for anything specific, just download the W11 version at the top)

Drivers and Support for Processors and Graphics (amd.com)

It will detect and install the chipset drivers.

If you get a blue screen, just let the device reboot.

Once it's back on windows the update should show completed.

•   

Aaah... I was just alway seeying "Freddy r." besides your comments! Sweat smileSweat smileSweat smile

Lol!

Sorry, you two Freddy R.s (not "atting" them on purpose, to not spam them even further Stuck out tongue closed eyes)

I guess "thegion sapce" to be some kind of auto corrected "Legion Space"? (Funny how it looks totally different, but is still recognizable)

Anyway, I'm happy it is working for you now Freddy! SmileyOk handThumbsup.

•   

Aaah... I was just alway seeying "Freddy r." besides your comments! Sweat smileSweat smileSweat smile

Lol!

Sorry, you two Freddy R.s (not "atting" them on purpose, to not spam them even further Stuck out tongue closed eyes)

I guess "thegion sapce" to be some kind of auto corrected "Legion Space"? (Funny how it looks totally different, but is still recognizable)

Anyway, I'm happy it is working for you now Freddy! SmileyOk handThumbsup.

Children
No Data