Legion Go Outdoors

Is the Legion Go a good device for playing outdoors on a patio? Would I need an outdoor extension cord for keeping it plugged in for playing more than a few minutes? And if the screen is bright enough to be seen outside, are there any screen protectors I should avoid?

Parents
  •   

As far as I know it only has 500 nits, which apparently even is good in comparison to other handhelds. So comparing it to modern phones, which are made to be used outside (mostly 1000 or more nits) way darker. I would say just by its values it should be too dark for playing in the sun directly, but should be fine under a roof/umbrella of any kind.

I have a shiny display protector glass on top of it, so therefore it would be almost unpossible to play directly under the sun, even if it would be bright enough...

As others said before for AAA games you definetly need it to be plugged in, and for older games/indy games/emulation not at all vosts.

-> I would recommend a power bank with more then 20000 mAh, and at least 65 Watts, to be shore to always have enough juice on the go WinkThumbsup.

•   

As far as I know it only has 500 nits, which apparently even is good in comparison to other handhelds. So comparing it to modern phones, which are made to be used outside (mostly 1000 or more nits) way darker. I would say just by its values it should be too dark for playing in the sun directly, but should be fine under a roof/umbrella of any kind.

I have a shiny display protector glass on top of it, so therefore it would be almost unpossible to play directly under the sun, even if it would be bright enough...

As others said before for AAA games you definetly need it to be plugged in, and for older games/indy games/emulation not at all vosts.

-> I would recommend a power bank with more then 20000 mAh, and at least 65 Watts, to be shore to always have enough juice on the go WinkThumbsup.

Children
  • Great, that's exactly what I was wondering! I sometimes have issues seeing my Pixel outside, so if the Go has a lower max brightness then that could be an issue. Thanks!

• Great info. A power bank is a must if you are planning on playing for several hours outdoors. I didn't know that AAA games don't run well when unless plugged in. That is a little disappointing but it makes sense with how taxing on hardware big games are.