Downsides of Using AMD drivers?

I play a lot of new games and Lenovo's slow rollout of VGA drivers is an issue for that. I was thinking of sideloading AMD drivers directly, but I couldn't figure out the downsides to this approach? What are the optimizations that Lenovo makes on these drivers? Will I see everything in portrait for instance?

Parents
  • The only downsides that I've experienced is the legion go FPS overlay won't work and you'll have to manually update your VGA driver. I also experienced windows update installing an older driver that broke my adrenaline until I reinstalled the current driver. This was resolved by going into group policy editor and stopping windows update from updating the driver for the 780m. Other than that, everything performs better than the lenovo driver. I'm really happy with the way the little guy is performing.

• The only downsides that I've experienced is the legion go FPS overlay won't work and you'll have to manually update your VGA driver. I also experienced windows update installing an older driver that broke my adrenaline until I reinstalled the current driver. This was resolved by going into group policy editor and stopping windows update from updating the driver for the 780m. Other than that, everything performs better than the lenovo driver. I'm really happy with the way the little guy is performing.

Children
No Data