Downsides of Using AMD drivers?

I play a lot of new games and Lenovo's slow rollout of VGA drivers is an issue for that. I was thinking of sideloading AMD drivers directly, but I couldn't figure out the downsides to this approach? What are the optimizations that Lenovo makes on these drivers? Will I see everything in portrait for instance?

Parents
  • I am not sure what tweaking they do on the Go side. I can think of a few things like the FPS counter(only works on theirs), the RSR button on the quick menu(enabled it in their version) and there may be some others. Even the frame limiter probably uses their version of Adrenaline. I have been sideloading for about 2 months now. I did notice my Go would randomly turn off when starting a game. This was mainly when using a dock. I would start a game and it seemed like something with the driver would cause it to immediately shut down and reboot. There are a few videos that show the overall performance it the same minus new games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7m7kfizu3U

• RSR and FPS limiter it doesn't work properly, at least for me with official drivers. on new beta drivers RSR works at least in the games I checked.

• RSR and FPS limiter it doesn't work properly, at least for me with official drivers. on new beta drivers RSR works at least in the games I checked.

Children
No Data